cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting JCO Destination in the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have problems removing a Jco destination from a web dynpro application, can anybody helps me ?

"I had been creating a Web Dynpro Application then creating a model too --here is the problem :u00B4o( -- when i was importing the model i put the logical system name and the RFC metadata name in lower case, this two options actually are in the server but with upercase name!!!! i deployed my project and all it's right but when i go to the <server>:port/webdynpro/welcome -> Content Administrator -> Deployed Content -> myApplication i can see there is a JCO destination (totally new) created with the name in lower case so associated to my application... I have now two JCO destinations in the server, one in lower case and other in upper case, the second is the one i need !!! how i can delete the JCO destination in lower case from the server ?

I was trying with this: remove in my project the model, remove the application from the server with the admin tool in the \usr\sap\<instance>\JC00\data\J2EE\admin\go.bat, deploy my project again but when i go to the Content Administrator i see again the JCO Destination (in lower case) atacched to my application (really bad !!!!). Also i was looking for in the XML files in the project for deleting the keys with the JCO destination, Rebuild my project, deployed it again but the problems persist.... can anybody helps me ????"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armando,

Try this.

In Webdynrpo Explorer View

1) Goto <Project> -> dictionary -> <Model>

Click on the Model Name. In the properties view on right you will see the Logical System Name. Maintain what you need.

2) Goto <Project> -> Models -> <Model> -> Model Classes.

Right Click on any <Model>_Input or <Model_Output> Node and select edit. Again in the properties view in the right bottom you can change the defaultLogicalSystem.

Save this.

3) Right Click on the project and select properties. Select JCO References. Delete what is not being used.

4) Rebuild Project. Deploy the same.

5) Now when you remove the JCO connections, it deletes it completely if its no longer associated with any application.

This has worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead, but we have this problem right now.

Specifically, if a developer creates a JCO destination that the Basis team wishes to delete (say the developer is no longer available, project abandoned etc), how would we go about it ?

If we want to follow Shubham's procedure, how do we identify which project the JCO destination is associated with ? If the NWDS system the JCO destination was created from is no longer available, how do we delete it from a different NWDS system ?

I have installed NWDS on my desktop, but have never done any development from that system. I connected to the track and imported the config, but my webdynpro explorer view is empty.

Any ideas ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

To find which JCO a project/dc is using you have to do as stated in my earlier post only.

In Webdynrpo Explorer View

1) Goto <Project> -> dictionary -> <Model>

Click on the Model Name. In the properties view on right you will view/change the Logical System Name.

<b>This is the JCO RFC Meta Data Destination used by this project.</b>

2) Goto <Project> -> Models -> <Model> -> Model Classes.

Right Click on any <Model>_Input or <Model_Output> Node and select edit. Again in the properties view in the right bottom you can view/change the defaultLogicalSystem.

<b>This is the JCO RFC Model Data Destination used by this project.</b>

3) Right Click on the project and select properties. Select JCO References. Delete what is not being used.

The JCO name is not dependent on the NWDS version. If you have a project/dc source code, you can do the above and change the JCO Name. After rebuild when you deploy, you will get the new JCO Destination in Content Administrator.

But before deleting you have to check that your other applications are not using the same JCO.

For you last question, you have to open the Development Component Perspective, goto inactive view of you SW component. You will now see the list of the projects. Select project/s, rightclick, select Create Projects. Now you will see the projects in your WebDynpro Perspective.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. this is the solution:

You need go to the navigator view in the Web Dynpro perspective (Eclipse IDE), go to the path \bin of the project. Edit the file ProjectProperties.wdproperties and remove any Keys with ProjectProperties.JcoReferences tag (be careful, you need know about XML) then go to the path \src\packages edit the file ProjectProperties.wdproperties in the path and make the same method (remove any Keys with ProjectProperties.JcoReferences tag)... Delete the directory Model Folder. Deploy again the project and it will change and remove the JCO destination!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should not directly edit the ProjectProperties.wdproperties files directyl because all of this is generated. If you want to delete a JCO destination or to change the name of a JCO destination you should have a look to the document, describing how to use the Web Dynpro Content Administrator.

There is also a chapter about this topic.

Best regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Where i can find this document ?

Armando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

I ran into the same problem (JCo entries still visible in WD ContentAdmin) and also checked your document carefully ("HOW TO USE THE WEB DYNPRO CONTENT ADMINISTRATOR. BASED ON NETWEAVER 04 STACK 09."). However it does not say, how to delete a JCo entry (not just remove it).

Could you provide us with a way of deleting JCo entries without having to manually edit the WD project & properties files?

Thanks,

Hans-Martin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried the remove button under maintain JCo connection in the Web dynpro content administrator then restarted the J2EE engine.

Wael Aoudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i tried but it only delete the JCO Connection configuration. The JCO Connection name is showed every time.