cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS Navigator: Cannot find operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there,

trying to test a web-service on a remote AS using WS Navigator.

Giving the parameters and clicking u201ESendu201C results in the following error:

Cannot find operation: wsdl = http://hostname:8070/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/bndg_DFF7CA06F39A97F1BA7C005056816487/wsdl11/allinone/standard/..., endpoint = Z_TEST_WS_BINDING, operation = public abstract test.types.p1.BupaBankdetailGetdetailResponse test.Z_TEST_WS.bupaBankdetailGetdetail(test.types.p1.BupaBankdetailGetdetail) throws java.rmi.RemoteException

It seems to me like an error on the machine executing wsnavigator. Any ideas?

I can access the WSDL with the given link with no problem. The screen in wsnavigator containing the fields for input and output parameters is shown correctly.

The operation is the only thing able to cause the problem. But you have to chose the operation before giving the parameters and the parameter screen is rendered fitting this operation. So how can it be the operation is not found when sending the request??

Thanks,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to test it from any other soap client. If you see the same error in other tool, it implies that wsdl is incorrect or not properly configured.

Thanks

Farooq.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice. The "service" tag is in the WSDL file, so it seems OK.

After a change in organization and systems we are currently experiencing general problems with our portals so that currently I have no working J2EE engine to test the wsnavigator...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your WSDL file should have a tag for "service". If you don't have the tag, then you have the wrong wsdl.