cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration connections to bring master data into APO and BW system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can somebody give step by stip activities to be done FOR creating integration connection for following requriment.

1) To bring master data from R3 System to APO system through BI CUBES using BI type connection

2) APO/R3 type connection R3 system to APO system.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Answer for question 2:

Please find SAP Help URL for establishing SAP ECC to APO Standard CIF connnection.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/9b/954d3baf755b67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

For your question no. 1, BW consultant will be helpful, as these connections will be established through BI part from SAP ECC.

Basically you will create a data source in SAP SCM APO - BW component and therein you will map the availble source extraction structure .

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am from SAP Basis side. Request you to let me know how can basis person helps in this. I mean i think it's APO AND BW Consultant job.

But in case a basis person need to create RFC how can it be done for above senario.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

Request you to let me know how can basis person helps in this.

If this is an existing system, the applications team (APO and BW) will not require much assistance from you. You can mostly sit back and watch them do all the work.

I suggest that you read the help link in its entirety provided by expert Datta. Much of the info there is helpful for both solutions.

For the APO interface (question 2 in your original post) there is a complete step-by-step guide provided by SAP. Check these two docs out.

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B02_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B05_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

If you are being asked to select from one of the two scenarios you outlined, the standard Core interface is by far the simpler to implement. Plus, it has the advantage that SAP will support you when something goes wrong.

The BW solution is different, in that the developer (you?) MUST have detailed specifications before he can proceed. Which master data? At what organizational levels? How often refreshed? What will be the ultimate use of the data, and how must it be stored? Where will it be stored? How to deal with inconsistencies? Etc etc. SAP support will only solve technical problems in your solution, they won't solve errors of design or logic, unless you happen to get a very accommodating support person when you raise your message.

But in case a basis person need to create RFC how can it be done for above scenario.

The instructions for creating all the RFC stuff is contained in the connectivity doc I cited above.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The new rfc connection can be created using sm59 t.code. You have to specify the application server IP adress and a username which exists both in the APO and ECC/BW system.Once the connection is saved, use test connection to see whether the RFC destinaton is correctly set up.

Thanks,

Chan

Answers (0)