Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Builder greyed out

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For one of the user the Project Builder field is always greyed out. This means that he cannot release the project or even edit to other status like TECO.

At first I thought some authorization object missing but whenever he takes SU53 screen shots it always shows wrong auth object S_CTS_ADMI. This object when I searched are all attached to Finance roles and has nothing to do with Project release function.

The status of the project also allows him to release but its always greyed out. No other users are processing the project at the same time but still to him all the fields are greyed out. Do anybody have an idea of what may be the exact problem.

Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide the screenshot of how CJ20N looks to your user. this would help

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I see S_CTS_ADMI is related to transports and I am also having no authorization for running CNACLD so taking some time. Any other way round? Can it be user related?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you replying the same thing twice?

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry it was a mistake from my side I sent it twice. I could not get through CNACLD. the user says that all fields are greyed out. The CJ20N screen is always in display mode. So was thinking has this anything to do with Authorizations and user specific roles?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could not get through CNACLD

What is your SAP release? mention the level of EHP also.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Whenever i run CNACLD it says it is in a deactivated package

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, then i dont think it is because of ACL, it is not activated in your System. Then let me think about other options.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

One of here shared that it may be that some BADI is used for restricting the user of a particular project type but I tried out with other Project types but same result.

I was looking through similar threads in SDN which says that if other transactional authorizations like CJ01,CJ02,CJ11,CJ12,CN22 etc are removed from his role automatically CJ20N will be in display mode. But all these transactional authorizations are given to the user.

Next another thread also says for authorization object C_PROJ_TCD Transaction type TRTYP should have value A and exactly this user has value A for this transaction type> This may be the reason but dont know exactly because in others role also they are carrying the value A. or may be I have to explore more of SU01 but cant get exactly.

Suman

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CJ20N can be accessed in change mode and display mode. I think that someone has changed to display mode for him. To confirm this once you are in CJ20N then settings>Option there see the editing mode option, if it is in display then the projects will be opened in CJ20N in display mode, so check that.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohamed thanks a lot! It worked. I never thought of this.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One thing I can think of is using ACL for authorization,

Someone might have set an authorization to him using ACL. To confirm this, run this transaction CNACLD, enter the project definition and click only 'display' at first and then see whether ACL has been activated and if yes, what is the authorization set to this user, if it is no authorization or display then the user will have problem in accessing the project like what you said.

If ACL has been set then you have to delete the ACL for this user. i.e., you can run again the CNACLD and click delete. Try this and come back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

S_CTS_ADMI is related to transports.Did you try releasing the project through some other transaction?

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I see S_CTS_ADMI is related to transports and I am also having no authorization for running CNACLD so taking some time. Any other way round?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the tables who has created the project or who has changed the project last time, may be he could have assigned the ACL, ask him to open the project and check.