cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Clarifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning for a central SLD on a WAS Java system and also local SLD on solman with all the landscape details synced with central SLD, in this regard i have few questions:

We have a WAS Java system where central SLD will be setup.There are 4 systems that needs to be registered in central SLD, ECC(pure Abap), PI(Dual Stack), Portal(Pure java). Solman(dual stack).please correct me if teh below process is correct for regitsering the ystems

1.ECC - In RZ70->under SLD Bridge gateway Information-> Central SLD host name

2.PI - ABAP stack - In RZ70->SLD Bridge gateway Information-> Central SLD host name, Java stack -Visual Admin->server noe->services->SLd data Supplier->http settings->Central SLD host name, port no, user and passwd

3.Portal - Visual Admin->server noe->services->SLd data Supplier->http settings->Central SLD host name, port no, user and passwd

4.PI - ABAP stack in RZ70->under SLD Bridge gateway Information-> Central SLD host name, Java stack -Visual Admin->server noe->services->SLd data Supplier->http settings

5.my requirement is to have a local SLD in solman with all the data forwarded from central SLD to solman Local SLD , what needs to be for this

6.what is the use/purpose of SLDAPICUST , do i need to maintain any entries here too?

PS:i have already read the help.sap.com and SDN,

Rgds,

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to forward your data from Central SLD to SOlman, you can create a bridge between the 2 systems. Local SLD can be configured by runnign the CTC template in Solman-> configure Local SLD.

In order to create a bridge, goto SLD of Central SLD, goto Administration-> Bridge. Here specify the Java link of the Solman system.

SLDAPICUST is definitely required. This is needed for the SLD to work completly. You need to specify the SLD host name, port and a valid UN and pwd.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soujanya,

Thnaks for your response.

1.Goto SLD of Central SLD, goto Administration-> Bridge

-

> i coulndt find any option called bridge on my Central SLD

2.When RZ70 for ABAP and Https setting Visual admin for java is sending the data correctly to Central SLD, why do we need SLDAPICUST again?

3. Can you please confirm my 1st four questions

Reddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first 4 points mentioned by you in the first thread is absolutely right. You need to do all of it.

For the bridge connectivity, sorry.. In SLD goto Administration-> Data Supplier. Here you configure the bridge between the Central SLD and Solman.

SLDAPICUST is 1 of the main configurations for Tcode SLDCHECK to work fine. Once all the SLD configs are complete on the ABAP side, run Tcode SLDCHECK. This should open the SLD home page and the GUI in ABAP shows green. In case SLDAPICUST is not configured, it shows error in business systems.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soujanya,

final calrification:

1.How frequently the data from Central SLD is forwarded to solman SLD, do i have to schedule any periodicity.i see differences between between central SLD and solmand local , after following the above mentioned procedure

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the data is now updated correctly in solman, took some time refresh i hope

Reddy