Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect from E.P 7.0 to ERP System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We have two server, called Server A and Server B

On Server A : I installed SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 (only ABAP Application) - not installed Java Application

On Server B : I installed SAP Netweaver BI 7.0 EHP1 (with ABAP Application and Java Application) and I configured a Connection from Portal to BI ABAP System -> successfully

We have BI system (On server B) above, with Portal installed already and Customer can view reports in BI ABAP system. But now, they want to see some reports in ERP system on this Portal. How we can adapt this requirement ? How to connect from Portal of BI to -> ERP system, to view reports of ERP system

Please help me to resolve this issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vamshi

Please read my previous reply again

Thanks and regards

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a JCo from BI portal to ERP ABAP System.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vamshi

On Server A : I installed SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 (only ABAP Application) - not installed Java Application (Portal)

On Server B : I installed SAP Netweaver BI 7.0 EHP1 (with ABAP Application and Java Application) and I configured a Connection from Portal to BI ABAP System -> successfully

That right ! My customer want to see some reports in ERP system on Portal of BI system

As far as I know your BI team will do the data extraction form ERP and then build reports in the BI which will be published in the BI portal

My BI team do not want to do data extraction from ERP system and build reports again in BI system. They just want to see reports of ERP system from Portal of BI system directly

How to see these reports of ERP system on Portal of BI system ? How to configure between ERP system and Portal of BI system for view these reports?

Please help me to do this

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connectivity should not be a problem as establishing a JCo rfc's from BI Java and tcp/ip from ABAP should take care of it. However the big one would be the reports to be able to run on BI portal. You need to create services for these reports in ABAP and then create IAC Iviews in Java. So this is not all straight forward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand your question correctly, You have some reports which you want to see them in BI portal right. As far as I know your BI team will do the data extraction form ERP and then build reports in the BI which will be published in the BI portal, So your end users will be able to see. I don't know what reports you are talking about in ERP which you want to see in the portal.

If you want to show some transactions or custom abap programs,then connect the ERP system as suggested in other posts and then ask your dev team to create transactions for custom reports so you can create an inview in the portal and use it.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sou ...

Thus, to use this EP to connect to ERP ABAP system -> to view reports in ERP system. How we can adapt this requirement ? How to configure for this ?

I need a recommendation for "to make the ERP and Portal talk to each other"

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It depends how you want to use EP and how you have installed it. Which user database you want to use? If you want the user store of EP as your backend ERP system or BI system then you have to do settings in your UME accordingly.

If you just want to view reports from ERP and userstore is EP's own databse then you will have to create users on both EP and ABAP sides.

Anyhow, you will have to configure steps for SSO, JCOs, etc as desrcibed in the previous posts

Please clearify your requirement about atleast which will be your user store?

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood your Q.. Apart from the above listed configs, I do not see anything additional you need to do to make the ERP and portal talk to each other.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sou...

Do you understand my issue ?

I had configured a connection from EP to BI ABAP system (On server B, I had installed both BI Java and BI ABAP) -> a connection from EP to BI ABAP system successfully

But now, i want to use this EP to connect to ERP ABAP system -> to view reports in ERP system

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to connect EP to ERP,then login to portal as Administrator.

Goto System Administratiom->System configuration-> Portal Content, right click and create new system. Here select the type of system you want to configure. Usually WAS system type is selected. Once created with a unique name, define the ERP system details in properties connector, WAS and UME.

Next step will be to define a unique system alias for the ABAP system in the portal. This alias is the unique name of the system from wich the portal will recognise the backend.

Refer: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/e3/d295687fc6455ab99112e59a4ecad9/frameset.htm

Furtheron, configure SSO between portal and ABAP. You need to download portal cert and upload it in the ABAP system.

Refer: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/99/15ee3adcf1913fe10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Rgds,

Soujanya