cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down Box on Int. ADOBE form is taking lot of time to display values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

The value drop down on ADOBE interactive form is taking lot of time to display values if the no of records in value list is more than 1000 records. Please help how do I solve this problem. Also in such cases the interactive adobe form is taking lot of time to get generated via web DYNPRO.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

It is not advisable to populate these many no of records in an adobe form drop down. Definitely the form size will increase and it will take time to generate the form.

Try "Allow server side cashing" in Edit->Form Properties -> Performance. On doing this, first time it will take the same time to generate. After words you will get the improved performance.

You can also use web service as well as an alternate solution to fetch values from SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanoosh for your help. I agree with you that so many records should not be populated in ADOBE drop down but requirement is such that it had to be done. This is an offline ADOBE form so i cannot use web service for f4 help from SAP .

Allowing server side cashing as sugestted by you has also not helped.

Is there any other way i can reduce the drop down time...

thanks in advance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

You can use web services in Offline Adobe forms as well to communicate with SAP provided form should be filled within the intranet.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanoosh,

The form won't be filled in intranet i.e at the time of filling the form the user do not have the connection to SAP server..

So web service wont help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Reduce number of records to populate in an adobe form.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have one scenario where i am trying to populate two dropdown in interactive form .I have serached and tried enough through google but didn't find the relevant answers.As you are talking about the performance issues it seems to me that you have completed the population of dropdown parts .See if you can help me on the issue ?

My scenario is ::

I have one dropdown the logic for populating the dropdown i have written in the WD_INIT method of the webdynpro application.

I want that the second dropdown should have only related values from database which is dependent on the first dropdown value.

(There will be some dependency between two tables from which the dropdowns are to be populated).

From my understanding and findings i found out that it has to be handled at the JAVA SCRIPT level.There i can't write the SQL query.So i am stucked and dont know how to go ahead.Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashwani Rohilla