cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in exchange field of trip

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus please helpme

i want to leave the field exchange rate blank in trip transaction.

but in my case whenever i try to save the entries leaving exchange

field blank the default exchange rate is picked by the trip transaction

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot leave the exchange conversion rate as blank. the system will automatically from the table corresponding to the Currency.

Only if the currency and the company code currency remains same, then you wont have the option of exchange conversion rate.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply

but can we add any search help exit to the exchange rate field to stop the automatic generation of exchange rate.

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Can you please tell us the backgroud of the issue which you are facing, so that we can think of some alternate solution to this.

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your interest.

actually sir in trip tcode when a user creates a new trip he has to enter all the details of his travel.

so if the user is going to any other country ,for eg. usa then he has to fill the advance section mentioning the amount in amount field and currency type as usd .

but now the problem comes -

at the next step when user comes to the exchange rate field when he press enter the default exchange rate is displayed there.

so my requirement is to stop system from displaying that exchange rate value in exchange rate column..

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont understand the purpose of leaving the Exchange rate field blank.

By standard, you cannot leave the exchage rate field blank.

The purpose of exchange rate field is to help you convert your document currency into your local currency. In financial accounting you have a field called document currency and local currency. Local currency is your company code currency and document currency is other than your local currency.

Let me explain this with an example, with reference to travel management.

'X' an employee travels from India to Singapore. He makes few expenses in Indian Ruppee and few expenses in Singapore $.

After his trip is completed, he comes back to India and Claims his expenses for reimbursement. Even if 'X' has expended in Singapore $, his company will reimburse the money only in Indian Ruppee.

Now the system to understand how much you have expended in Indian Ruppee, it converts your Sing $ into Indian Ruppee with the help of exchange rate.

If we remove the exchange rate from the system, it will throw an error message and will not allow you to proceed further.

WE SHOULD NOT REMOVE THE EXCHANGE RATE FIELD FOR A BETTER/CORRECT ACCOUNTING PRACTICE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks sir for your reply

I completely agree to u

but actually this is the requirement of our client .

client want to enter data in exchange field only when the settlement has to be made that is if i am from accounting team and if i am approving the request made by the particular user then i will enter the current exchange rate of today itself

so if my user has entered 500 usd on tuesday when exchange rate was different (eg 46 inr) and if that request is approved by the accounting time today then the accounting team will enter the exchange rate of today only(my client say this)

thats why client wants us to leave that field blank and process all the request without throwing any error.

so when the request goes for approval from accounting team then they will fill exchange rate by themselve.

I have even suggested them to do regular update of exchange rate but they don't want thing also.

so suggest me what should i do for this.

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Your client is looking at the payment point of view.

Our work in travel management is to create a due entry only. The payment entry doesnt come in the scope of travel management.

You ask your client, how was the accounting done earlier for the due entry. The below is the scenario:

Due entry of the employee/traveller

Travel Expenses A/c Dr XXXX

To Employee A/c XXXX

Ask them, what amount (in document currency) they used to put for the above accounting entry for an international trip.

Best Regards,

Raj

Answers (0)