Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS tool save metadata

prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iam new to NWDS tool and web dynprojava. when i create a component of type web dynpro and create a view in the component. I applied a template of type button with action in the view.when i write some code between @@begin and @@end and save all metadata is pressed.the present view is closing all other methods like wddoint and other methods and eventhandlers.It is showing only the method which we have made the changes.If i want to show all methods after editing particular method i have to close the view and again i have to open it .then it will show all methods include what i edited recently.... so please help me whether i have to make any changes in NWDS for this...

Thanks & Regards

V.S.R.K.PRASAD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member218672
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Rule is like below -

//@@begin

custom code is to be written here

//@@end

And, if yo want to create some custom method then you should go to method tab and click on new button and give method name, retun type whatever necessary. Same for cusom actions as well.

Then, click on implementation tab and go to position inside code where the method is created and write custom code inside it. And then save the metadata. This shoudl work and you dont need to close view.

If above solution doesn't help, then -

- uninstalled NWDS

- deleted workspace and .metadata folder. Pay attention to save your workspace (without .metadata somewhere)

- install NWDS another time

The problem is in the .metadata folder..... be sure to delete it before install the NWDS. This reset all the environment. Be free to copy the project you saved in your workspace (no .metadata folder!!) in order to restore all the projects.

Regards,

Sen

Edited by: prodyut kumar sen on Dec 28, 2010 12:49 PM

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi V.S.R.K.PRASAD

Please check the NWDS log file Windows >> Show View >> Others >> PDE Runtime >> Error Log if there is anything logged for the issue.

Also try to change the workspace and check the issue. go to NWDS shortcut : target > "C:\Program Files\<NWDS LOCATION>\eclipse\SapIde.exe" -vm "C:\<JAVA LOCATION>\bin\javaw.exe" -data "<New Workspace>"

Hope It will work.

Regards, Arun Jaiswal

prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the Reply. Iam not able to understand the procedure please explain clearly..............

Thanks and Regards

V.S.R.K.PRASAD