Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have the following Requirements,

Whenever Employee Submits documents from portal in the format of attachments we need to store it in DMS

server with help of RFC or any other Option with option of identification no(e.g. Pernr,infotype no etc)

2. Then Whenever Approver want to view particular Document Again we need to fetch it from DMS server with help of

identification no. through RFC and need to diplay on Approver screen on the portal.

Is it possible

Kindly help me out on this

Regrads

Poonguntran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanna,

As you know very well that if we want to upload a documents into SAP DMS then we need to check-in it into dms server.

If you documents on system then you can upload those bu using BDC programe.

Now in your case the documents are stored on external server or system and you want to use feature through RFC, for this a background abap programe is required. Discuss with expert Abap'r and show him the dms transaction and destination for both dms storage as well as external system path. And ask to write a prorame for this.

Hope this will help much.

Regards,

Ravindra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Poonguntran,

from DMS point of view I can say that for creating or changing document info records in DMS you can call the DMS BAPI or API function modules.

Please note that DMS BAPIs require always a SAPGUI channel or open RFC connection to start the SAPHTTP/SAPFTP program that is used to up- or download files to the client. If the BAPI ist executed in background mode, the system doesn't know from where to get the original file.

Please do not use BAPIs in background mode, use APIs instead. They are more flexible regarding RFC calls (background processing). Please read SAP note 504692, which contains sample programs for special checkin/checkout cases. Please read this note and use the sample programs as a basis for your own coding. Further please see also SAP note 796709 which also might contain useful information for such cases.

I hope that this information could be useful for you. Generally I think that this behavior needs to be discussed with an experienced portal consultant.

Best regards,

Christoph