Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice is splitting, I need one single invoice between PS/Serv. Material

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear, Gurus

I'm having a difficult time trying to find the root or cause of my problem. The user has created a Project Sales Order with 98% of the materials being trading goods with Item category, Project itm. Category. The other 2% is a service material with Item cat. TAD.

Inside my trading good materials I am assigning the WBS element. The service material does not have the wbs element. Everything I presume is fine except that when I do the revenue accounts determination it is showing that my item 20 the GL account cannot be found for KOFK. But I know that I have maintained the GL account properly (I have gone over the config many times in T-Code VKOA). Do I have to cancel the sales order and re-create it? Perhaps the new changes have not been applied on this now old sales order? The main problem though which i'm facing is at the time I create the billing document those different material types are splitting. Since the customer is the American Army we would like to give only 1 invoice and not 2.

Note: I have checked if differences exist between header and what not like billing date,incoterms, payment terms, Bill to party and they are all the same there is no difference. The difference that I can mustard up are that the material type, item category, and Acct assignment grp in the material master of those materials. I would appreciate it if any of you can spread some light over this.

Note: In T-Code VTFA Billing Copy controls from Item Cat TAD (Service material) the config is as followed:

copying requirements 002 item/order-related

Data VBRK/VBRP 001 Inv. Split (Sample)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In copying controls:

Data VBRK/VBRP : 003 for single invoice.

can be maintained.

Also in VKOA we can maintain For KOFI condition types.

Note: In T-Code VTFA Billing Copy controls from Item Cat TAD (Service material) the config is as followed:

copying requirements 002 item/order-related

Data VBRK/VBRP 001 Inv. Split (Sample)

regards

Shekar

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear, Shekar

Changing the Copy control for both material type item categories to 003 worked like a charm it is now allowing one invoice. So invoice problem is solved. I need to now check and see if the GL determination problem is due to the fact that no stock exist for this trading good material. I have done the testing all in DEV with unrestricted stock of 2 qty and it worked. So am waiting till client does migo receipt for this material to create the invoice. Thanks again guys for the tips and tricks.

regards,

Ali

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using the KOFK for the second line item, ensure that teh cost centers, cost elements, profit centers are correctly configured and assigned. If you are facing a problem, it can be in cost accounting, need not be in FI accounting, as you have done the settings in VKOA. So please analyse the same with a CO consultant.

If COSTING is nto relevant, then maintain VKOA for the condition type KOFI and not KOFK.

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Both are maintained incase. CO part has not yet been done. so let me rephrase it KOFI is properly maintained in VKOA. The red alert to me seems the stock level. I mean logically the concept is "we cannot sell what we do not have" isnt this true for a trading good. You buy the material and do a good receipt then sell it out but in this case there is no pgi as its not delivery relevant. So this is confusing and can mean that stock level has nothing to do with it.

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Reg invoice split issue: Is the division same for both materials (Trading and service). If it is not same, the system will split the invoice because the VBRK/VBRP have 001 routine in VTFA. Assign different relevant routine and check.

Reg revenue acct.det issue: I think you have to maintain the account determination for KOFK condition also in VKOA tcode.

Regards,

Lakshmikanth

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the split analysis while creating invoice in VF01, there you can see the exact reason for splitting. Are both item categories are having similar kind of billing relevances or not?

Reg VKOA: You can very well see the cause for not determining the G/L account from revenue account determination log, check all sequences and find where it is missing exactly by comparing your VKOA config.

Regards,

Lakshmikanth

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I have checked split analysis and it really did not guide me or give me any real meaning as the sentence was not fully displayed and cut off early. "Combination criteria in the bi" is the field and next to it it is showing "001DCPO" It had to do with header something. I don't know what is different in header of those 2 materials I have checked the obvious. When I look in my Sales Order for Item line 20 and check PR00 and see if the GL account is showing it is not. For all other materials when I do the same it is showing the relevant GL account.

I have also looked at what was wrong with the reason or you can say the yellow question mark was on the account assignment group like this "?" I have maintained the account assignment group in that particular MM then but still seems the account assignment group in my sales order for item line 20 is not updating. As subsequent documents exist for example the billing documents were created then canceled quite a few times I cannot seem to edit that Sales Order.

I have done the account determination analysis as well and saw the problem and checked the VKOA config and all is customized properly with GL. I have even aside from this order created a new entire sales order in PRD just to see if the material is okay without SAVING it of course but the GL is not picking up. What I have noticed is that particular material which is a trading good there is no quantity in MMBE.

Edited by: Muhammad Ali Lozada on Dec 29, 2010 10:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check split analysis for those two billing documents?

FYI purpose:

You can go for customization to meet below client requirements.

1. combine multiple line items in 1 Invoice

2. Multiple sales order items in 1 Invoice

3. Split multiple line item in one sales document to multiple Invoice

4. Combining Multiple Line items into 1 Line items in the print layout.

Best Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Check the purchase order number for the 2 items in the sales order which may be different.this will also cause invoice split.

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

PO and PO Date is 10.09.2010 and are the same for all my materials. but my Billing date is 26th. What really gets me is SAP shouldn't it be flexible. It should allow me to sell Trading Goods and Service material all in 1 sales order without splitting the invoices. The Item categories are different but I mean do all the material item categories have to be the same to process in 1 sales order and billing document?

One other observation in the Service material it has schedule lines and the material qty 1 is confirmed for the 27th. The billing date of my order is 26th does this have any effect? I don't understand why this service material would have schedules lines as no delivery is relevant or needed. Its all Order related billing only.

Edited by: Muhammad Ali Lozada on Dec 28, 2010 12:25 PM

Edited by: Muhammad Ali Lozada on Dec 28, 2010 12:28 PM