cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the diff between component controller and interface controller?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the diff between component controller and interface controller?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

componet controller

For each component of yours there will be a component controller, were in you can define context variables and methods, events etc.. This usefull while using models.

Simple example where we can see this is, when you create global context variable in this controller and map this variable to the view controller context variable of different view, which enables you to pass the value of the variable from one view to another.

interface controller

Communication between two componets by using interface controller.

Please look at this [Thread 1|;

Regards

Vijay Kalluri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main diff between component controller and interface controller is that, Interface controllers are used to communicate with external entities i.e when we wan to access a controller of another component, we choose Interface view.

Component controller is created, when ever a component is created and is used in the same component.

Hope it helps

Cheers!!!

Umang

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raffi,

The component controller is a special custom controller, that is automatically created when a component is created. This is the controller that drives the functionality of the entire component. i.e., it is always used to connect Model and View, as webdynpro falls under MVC architecture.

Interface Controller is the only controller visible to other components. i.e., if i want to expose some node/method to other components then we need to map/create the same interface controller, so that it will be exposed to the second component. in Simple words it is visible to outside world.

Search in SDN. you will get lots of help for these questions.

SEARCH BEFORE POSTING

Regards

Nizamudeen SM