cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues setting up BI Data Sources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having issues setting up a connection to our QA BW system.

From within visual composer if I go to search and select BI Data Sources, it shows "Could not retrieve data for the selected option"

We created the BI system conenction as explained in the section "Creating the BI System Connection in the Portal System Landscape" from this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/7e/6dbcea3700452195e3bddaa47c5906/frameset.htm

Any ideas of additional places we can look or things we can check would be great. Thanks!

-Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Did you check the connection using Connection Tests?

Was the test OK?

Talia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talia,

Thanks for your response! I tested from the portal under system administration->system configuration. I right clicked the BW system under the portal content folder and clicked open->connection tests.

When I do a quick system connection test, using my username and password for that system I get the response "Connection to backend succesfull for System pcd:portal_content/QAB"

However, the System connection tests does not work and returns "Default alias retrieved successfully

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct."

Since the quick test worked, I assume the connection information is correct and as for the User Management properties, those are set the same as in the instructions in the link I originally posted. Is there anything else I can check?

Thanks!

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Possible configuration problems:

1. Floating aliases

Make sure that there are no floating aliases (alias without system) in the System Landscape Overview.

2. Several Master systems

It is not allowed to have more than one system flagged as master system.

3. User mapping was not defined well

Note: Donu2019t paste user password, type it.

4. Permissions for the system object were not assigned for a user

Regards,

Talia