Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Order Transfer Order Creation

former_member202483
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

When I do a movement type 301 through Tx. mb1b from IM storage location to another with one item it´s all good, it creates TO's. However when I do the same with two items of the same material but different batches then it doesn't create the TO automatically, instead right after I save the movement in Tx code mb1b it takes me to Tx code LT06 to create the TO. Why is this happening? Is there a way to have the system create the TO without taking me to Tx. Code LT06?

Many thanks,

Alejandro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see creation of TO in background or immedeate has nothing to do with the number of line items but on certain poinst which i am listing down there

well can not give the reason for that but we can ask u to check certain things in ur system.

if possible find the refer WM movement type assigned to 301 (IM movement type) and then find the WM movement type assigned to it in OMLR as explained in above thread

or

1 check the movement type coming in PCN and then in TO in case u r doing transaction for 1 material.

now as u have the WM movement type then u need to check the setting for this in OMLR second option.

for u r warehouse

2. check the movement type coming in PCN and then in TO in case u r doing transaction for 2 batch managed material.

if they are same as in step 1 then no need to check the specail movement indicator in WM1 view.

I am pressuming that both the sloc in ur case are WM managed and are assigned to same WM number case if the are assigned to different one then that is reason for ur issue.

former_member202483
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Both storage locations are WM managed, however they don't have the same Warehouse number. This is the case:

Storage Location A, in Plant 1, Warehouse number: 103

Storage Location B: in Plant 2, Warehouse number: 109

You are telling me that they should have the same warehouse number in order to create TO's immediately. But how come when I have one item it does create the TO´s immediately?

Thanks,

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> Thanks for your reply,

>

> Both storage locations are WM managed, however they don't have the same Warehouse number. This is the case:

>

> Storage Location A, in Plant 1, Warehouse number: 103

>

> Storage Location B: in Plant 2, Warehouse number: 109

> You are telling me that they should have the same warehouse number in order to create TO's immediately. But how come when I have one item it does create the TO´s immediately?

>

Can u please test 1 thing : post 311 for mat X alone

As per u system creates TO immedeatly if its posted alone

then post 311 for mat Y alone

As per u system creates TO immedeatly if its posted alone

then post 311 for both together

let me know is system creating a TO immedeatily now because if it was creating the TO immedeatly when they were alone

> Thanks,

>

> Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alejandro,

To make automatic Transfer order creation , please chcek the following customizin settings;

SPRO>>Logistics Execution>>Warehouse Management>>Activities>>Transfers>>Define Movement Types

Select the combination of warehouse number and movement type.

In background processing Tab

Keep it 'x' which will allow automatic transfer order creation.

In confirmation Tab,

TO item can be confirmed immediately.

I hope this will help in automatic creation of Tranfer order.

Br,

Tushar

former_member202483
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

I have created 3 transfer materials movement class 311.

First with material A from wh number 103 to 104, from storage location 1023 to 1024. The TO is created immediately.

2nd movement with material B from wh number 103 to 104, from storage location 1023 to 1024. The TO is created immediately as well.

However, when I post the two materials from wh number 103 to 104, from storage location 1023 to 1024. It takes me to transaction Create TO from material document.

I have read in note 44160 and in other sap documentation that is required that all items post to the same warehouse number when there is more than one item in the material document. So I believe this is the reason why is not creating the TO immediately.

Am I right? or my understanding is wrong? In case that I am right, is there any way to have the system create the TO immediately?

Thanks,

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alejandro,

Movement type 311 is used to do transfer posting within the same plant, within storage locations.

Also you are talking about transfer from one one wh number to another wh number and also two assigned storage location

Can you elaborate how you were able to distinguish between warehouse numbers in transfer posting transcation MB1B

Br,

Tushar

former_member202483
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for your reply,

I actually didn´t distinguish between warehouse numbers in transaction mb1b. I did movements from storage locations 1023 to 1024.

Warehouse number 103 is assigned to storage location 1023 and whn 104 is assigned to storage location 1024.

So when I have one item in the material document, the system generates the TO immediately.

On the other hand, when I have two items the system takes me to the transaction LT06 to create TO.

This happens with mvment type 311 and also with mvment type 301.

What I understand from the sap note that I mentioned above is that when having two or more items it is neccessary that postings are done to the same warehouse, meaning that both storage locations would be managed by the same warehouse number. But I am not sure if my understanding is right.

If I am right, is there any possible way to have the system create the TO immediately?

Thanks,

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please confirm that you warehouse 103 and 104 belongs to same plant.

Br,

Tushar

former_member202483
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes they belong to the samr plant,

thanks

former_member202483
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes they belong to the samr plant,

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to T-code OMLR and check whether create transfer order immediately is ticked for the combination of warehouse number and movement types.

Br,

Tushar

former_member202483
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I have checked and the indicator is set as "A" for the movement 301 and 311 for the whs involved.

Thanks for your help and effort

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It seems that in OMLR the entry you have maintain in WM movement type field against the combination of warehouse numbers and reference WM movement type is diffrent.

Like Warehouse 103 , reference movement type 301 and the entry in movement type in WM movement which is mainatined manually is not 301.

What entry is maintained in Movement Type for Warehouse Management you could see in OMLR against te combination of warehouse number and Reference movement type for WM from material movements.

Check this movement type entry mainatined for both warehouses and go to the following customizing settings;

SPRO>>Logistics Execution>>Warehouse Management>>Activities>>Transfers>>Define Movement Types

Maintain automatic TO under background processing tab as allowed and also tick the chcek box TO item to be confirmed immediately.

Br,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the the settings are properly maintained in OMLR.

Also check whether the 2nd bacth is a special stock type (QI/Blocked etc....) and make sure for Mtype 301 and All stock catergories, OMLR setting is maintained. Immediate TO Creation should be activated for the Mtypes.