cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

would like to know how to restrict the WBS Elements in the search help list (on the Cost-Assignment screen) based on the schema of the ER.

Currently, SAP portal application returns all WBS elements entered for the search criteria.

However, the system should only return those WBS elements with project type u2018NBu2019 or u2018IN'.

Regards

Jaipal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jaipal,

If it is a standard search help we can replace the search help with a custom one.

Request you to provide more information like which Web dynpro component you are dealing with.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

could anyone let me knew how to attach the custom search help for the standard field

Regards

Jaipal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaipal..

In ordert o provide a custom search help to your standard field below is my suggestion:

1) Create an enhancement in your standard WD ABAP component and create Post exit for method WDDOINIT.

2) Assuming your context node name is NODE and attribute for which you want search help is 'ATTR' do the following

DATA : lr_node type ref to if_wd_context_node,
             lr_node_info type ref to if_wd_context_node_info,
             lr_elem type ref to if_wd_context_element.

lr_node = wd_context->get_child_node('NODE').
lr_node_info = lr_node->get_node_info( ).

lr_node_info->set_attribute_value_help EXPORTING name = 'ATTR'                                                                                
value_help = '<NAME_OF_CUSTOM SEARCH HELP>'.

Another option could be to enhance the standard search help program, I am not sure whether that is possible or not.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

Answers (0)