cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDS Report Shipping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

While creating the shipping of MSDS, i have done all the standerd customization still getting following error

No communication data has been defined for transmission medium 8

Can anybody pls guide me for the same.

Regards

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

george_ainiveettil
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I also think the above settings are sufficient.

May be you can check the following also.

1. Check your SH partner in XD02 ..Maintain a contact person there and add the special function "40"

Go to details and maintain a Comm.Method ( Email,Fax etc) under communication ( maintain language also) and save.

2.In VV13 --enter the respective Sales org and the SH customer from above

Save and try to generate an item output for this SH partner .

If you are using Sales org and document type then no need to maintain customer..

Thanks&Regards

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have already done this steps mentions in your step 1. but the special function 40 is not there in my system. Instead I have created 11 - MSDS receipient and defined the smae in envt paramter

step 2 is also ok

As of now output SDB is getting determinded in sales order but still in delivery the output determination is not there

what could be error..

pls guide...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have already done this steps mentions in your step 1. but the special function 40 is not there in my system. Instead I have created 11 - MSDS receipient and defined the smae in envt paramter

step 2 is also ok

As of now output SDB is getting determinded in sales order but still in delivery the output determination is not there

what could be error..

pls guide...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

step 2 is also ok

what could be error..

pls guide...

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

As George says, if you send the MSDS via e-mail to a customer (SH partner), it has to have informed an e-amail address in General Data screen, in the label Address and in subscreen Communication.

In addition you need to configure a SMTP node in transaction SCOT to connect SAP with a mail server.

Regards

JCD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol/EHS Experts,

I have encountered the same issue. Ive done all the config but during saving the outbound delivery, output type for SDB didnt automatically assigned. When I further tested it by deleting the standard routine on the output procedure, which is the checking if the material assigned to the delivery is environmentally relevant, the automatic assignment works during saving in the outbound delivery but of course it will always assign an output for all outbound delivery created as there is no checking. Does this mean the standard routine isnt working?

Output is assigned to usage B-output and application V2-shipping.

Content of the standard routine is:

* Check environmental relevance is initial.
FORM KOBED_026.
   SY-SUBRC = 0.
   CHECK KOMPBV1-KZUMW IS INITIAL.
   SY-SUBRC = 4.
ENDFORM.
FORM KOBEV_026.
   SY-SUBRC = 0.
   CHECK KOMPBV1-KZUMW IS INITIAL.
   SY-SUBRC = 4.
ENDFORM.

Upon installation, standard routine is set with V1-Sales and since we wanted to attached the output on delivery, i updated the application of standard routine to V2-Shipping.

Can somebody direct on the rightful solution please? Thanks much!

Kind regards,

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

This is because, in condition record for output type SDB, for the sales organization, for the delivery type, medium 8 is not defined in SD master data.

Please visit your old threadfor the same at:

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

I have already done the same.

T. Code: NACE.. the Customer and SH - as partner funtion is being assinged to 8- special funtion for both V1 and V2

still facing same error...

No communication data has been defined for transmission medium 8

pls guide.

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

Is this the error or information?

For the Delivery note, for the Item, in menu Extra, for the Delivery output of the item, are you able to see output type SDB with green traffice light?

In CVD1 tcode are you able to get the respective entry?

In my system, I am getting above mentioned things, but still when I see the Delivery output of the item and go to communication method, I am getting the same message but I can see the respective entry in CvD1 tcode.

Regards,

Niraj

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Check the documentation of this IMG activity (Environment, Health & Safety -> Product Safety -> Report Shipping -> Basic Settings for Shipping from SD Documents -> Material Safety Data Sheet/Sales and Distribution Interface -> Settings for the SD Interface: Shipping Documents)

-

In Output Determination -> Check Access Sequence and Condition Tables

1. Check the access sequence

Check the following default entry:

Access sequence: 0011

Description: SORG/CUSTNO SORG/OTYPE

(sales organization/customer number) (sales organization/delivery type)

2. Check output condition tables

Check the entries for sales organization/customer number (SORG/CUSTNO) and sales organization/delivery type (SORG/OTYPE) as follows:

a) Check output condition table for sales documents

Call the IMG activity Maintain Condition Tables, choose Maintain output condition table for sales activities, and check the following entry:

Table 1: Sales Organization/Customer Number

b) Check output condition tables for deliveries

Call the IMG activity Maintain Condition Tables, choose Maintain output condition table for deliveries, and check the following entry:

Table 12: Sales Organization / Delivery Type

-

In Output Determination -> Check Output Types

1. Call the IMG activity.

2. For output type SDB, check the following detail entries:

Field Entry

Output type SDB

Access sequence 0011

Access to conditions x

Transm. medium 8 (special function)

Partner function SH

Time 1 (transmit with next selection run)

(for example, RSNAST00)

Processing program RC1SDDIS

FORM routine ENTRY

Notes:

You choose the access sequence according to your customer-specific requirements.

The transmission medium must be 8.

The partner function should not be changed from SH.

The output can be processed automatically using a periodic job.

See: Set Up Periodic Job for SD Output Processing

Using the Processing routines step, you edit the program call with which the SD data is transferred to the SAP component Product Safety. In the standard system, the processing program RC1SDDIS is used. In this program, the ENTRY routine is called without using a form.

Using the Partner functions step, you enter possible partner functions. One of these partner functions can be entered in the condition table and is then part of the output.

Functions other than SH should only be used in exceptional cases for specific reasons.

-

In Output Determination -> Check Conditions

Check whether the following entries exist for the application V2 and for the form routine Environmentally relevant:

Condition (form routine): <Key>, normally number 24

Description: Environmentally relevant

Active: X (set)

Application: V2

Source text:

FORM KOBED_<Key>.

SY-SUBRC = 0.

CHECK KOMPBV2-KZUMW IS INITIAL.

SY-SUBRC = 4.

ENDFORM.

FORM KOBEV_<Key>.

SY-SUBRC = 0.

CHECK KOMPBV2-KZUMW IS INITIAL.

SY-SUBRC = 4.

ENDFORM.

The routine must be active.

-

In Output Determination -> Check Output Determination Procedures

1. Check the following default entry:

Procedure V20001

Description Item Output

2. Check the detail entry for Control:

The condition type MSDS is assigned the requirement 24. According to this requirement, the system then checks if the environmentally relevant indicator is set for the delivery material. If it is, then output determination can proceed.

-

In Output Determination -> Assign Output Determination Procedures

Assign all delivery item categories used for delivery items with environmentally-relevant materials an output determination procedure that contains the output type SDB. In the standard system, this is the output determination procedure V20001.

Regards

JCD