Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is GRC support BW system ?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As I am not able to find any information related to BW systems. Are BW systems supported by GRC ?

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Do you mean, if GRC reports can be gen via BW.... then yes in 5.3.

else for SOD, i don't see reason , since no business data in BW.

regards,

Surpreet

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question: If I add BW system to GRC, can I run risk analysis and other things as we do for ECC system ?

Because I am not able to find function action/permission and rule set files for BW systems.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

BW per my knowledge is only for reporting.

so no need to connect with GRC

Thanks

Surpreet

Note: any SAP system which have SAP_BASIS & SAP_ABAP components, you can install VIRSANH (that is prerequisite for VIRSANH)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, BW is for reporting. But we have different reports related to payroll, employee details and finance etc. for which we need to have some Risk report for that we want to implement GRC.

As far as VIRSAHR and VIRSNHR components are concerned, that we can install but if no ruleset or functions will be there in GRC 5.3 then i think its of no use.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes true.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny,

As Surpreet mentioned, BW is mainly for reporting so SAP has not developed standard ruleset for it. You can still upload rules related to BASIS etc and then build the rules the way you need. I know one customer who built BW ruleset internally.

Regards.

Alpesh