cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive an RFC message in PI ABAP stack from ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mates,

I am involved in a scenario in which we want to receive a message in PI (ABAP stack) from ECC (ABAP stack as well).

We created a RFC destination (3) in sender system (ECC) so both stacks could be linked. However, we do not know how to receive this message once we are in PI Abap stack.

In sender system code, a call destination takes place, an this destination stands for the one destination i noted before.

BUT, as this RFC does not exist in PI, i wonder what steps have to be done in PI in order to be able to get the message from ECC.

Hope you guys can guide me through this. Any help

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,

david

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I am involved in a scenario in which we want to receive a message in PI (ABAP stack) from ECC (ABAP stack as well).

> BUT, as this RFC does not exist in PI, i wonder what steps have to be done in PI in order to be able to get the message from ECC.

An RFC message can only be accepted by the adapter engine. You cannot send an RFC message to PI ABAP stack.

When can call an RFC in PI ABAP directly, but this will not create a message. This is like any other RFC call.

And of course in that case the RFC has to exist.

> 3) In ABAP stack of PI, we want to receive the message, make any transformations and send the target emssage to PI adapters

> 4) From that moment on, a ordinary PI integration is done.

This is not possible. Just use the PI as it is designed and do not try to do a technical set up which is not supported.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am agree with this answer

Milind

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can understand the steps to be performed in PI using below links:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/RFCtoFILE

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As i mentioned before, i am not trying to create a RFC to ... scenario, unfortunately....

We want to get a message in PI abap stack from ECC, doing some stuff then, and, from that moment on, an ordinary PI interface will take place (using PI itself as the sender system).

I know this is posible as PI has a double stack, but do not know how to do it.

Any help on this?

BR,

David

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess you are talking about Proxy scenarios?

If yes, you can refer the below mentioned details for more information:

Configurations:

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Proxy scenario:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, i am not.

Sender system has a standar RFC call (OUTBOUND) to a RFC destination.

I just want to receive this message, not in RFC sender comm channel (adapter engine), but in abap stack instead. Lets forget that at this point, receiver system is PI, lets assume, ERP sends a message to BI, ISU or GRC...

Could you please give any help?

BR;

David

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If I understood you correctly then you want to receive a message in PI from ECC using a RFC connection. For that purpose you can do following thing.

1) Pushing data in PI.

As you are using a outbound RFC call then this call is sufficient to pass the data to PI. This call will pass the message in PI ABAP stack and you can check it in SXI_MONITOR. But this message will be in error as it will not find any further processing message.

2) Pulling data in PI.

Create a Function module in PI and provide it ECC parameters so that it can have a RFC call and will fetch data for you.

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Let me understand your question correctly, you want to have a RFC sender from ECC to PI right? If what I have understood is right then you will have to create sender agreement and sender communication channel. While creating sender communication channel select RFC Adapter and sender as option. You will have to give a program id. The same program id is required to be used in the RFC Destination maintained in ECC.

As RFC Adapter is Java based. It requires Sender Agreement to be configured.

Let me know if I have understood it in a wrong way.

Cheers,

Anand Patil

Edited by: Anand Patil on Dec 27, 2010 4:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

No no, i do not want to create any sender RFC Comm Channel.

What i want is to receive (by means of no PI adapter) a message in PI (abap stack) from ECC (abap stack), just by a RFC connection (type 3) between both systems.

I will try to explain in more detail what i want to achieve:

1) A standard SAP program is executed in ECC, at the end, a call destination is done.

2) This destination call, calls an RFC destination that points to PI (RFC dest in SM59, type 3)

(Until now, nothing is done in PI, there is no sender adapter, we just linked both ABAP stacks)

3) In ABAP stack of PI, we want to receive the message, make any transformations and send the target emssage to PI adapters

4) From that moment on, a ordinary PI integration is done.

So my question is, what kind of stepd so i have to perform to get the message from ECC in PI without creating any object in PI (ESR, ID, i mean). Just as if we wanted to receive a RFC message, lets say, in BI (abap side) from ECC.

Hope you got me this time.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,

david

Edited by: David de Miguel on Dec 27, 2010 11:48 AM

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello David,

You want to have a RFC call from ABAP to ABAP system, irrespective of PI. Once the message is in receiver ABAP system you make some transformation of the message and send it to PI since the receiver system is PI. Hope I understand this correctly.

For such a case, I believe you will have to create a Function Module Remote enabled in PI and call the function from ECC. You can code however you need in the Function Module at PI side. This is normal RFC call from ABAP to ABAP system.

Let me know if I got the idea right.

Regards,

Anand Patil