cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have set up the RFC monitoring thru BPM in SOLMAN.Ihave set up alerts too. Now i get alerts whenver my RFC is down in the satellite system,but i should also get a alert in case no RFC fails also that every thing is fine.

How can i set that up ?

Regards

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To build on what Paul said, you may want to consider setting up Connectivity Monitoring (under Administrative Tasks) out of the Solution Manager Administration workcenter if you need to see this type of information on an ongoing basis.

Lori

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

This doesn't make sense.

You want to be alerted when there is a problem.

A problem would be an exception. Something you do not expect to happen frequently, but when it does, you want to be notified/alerted.

The concept is everything is running smoothly most the time, and for those few instance when an alert is triggered you want to notice it and take some kind of corrective/remedial action.

Normally there should not be alerts. Most the time there should be no alerts. Because most the time everything should be fine.

If you trigger an alert when there are no issues with RFCs that are being monitored, you will be creating constant alerts that are useless, because they are just indicating that evertything is okay.

And each one will have to be checked, the thousands that tell you everything is okay. You will have to check each one, just to make sure its not a real alert based on a problem with the RFC's that are being monitored.

You do not set an alert when everything is okay. This defeats the entire purpose of being alerted to a problem . How would you know when there is a problem, when alerts are being generated all the time? This makes no sense and there is no useful purpose to doing so. I would strongly recommend you do not attempt this, and understand that no alert is your alert that everything is fine. That's the concept of alerts..alert on error condition, you don't alerts when everything is fine, because the fact there is no alert means everything is fine..

Regards,

Paul