SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partially clear FICA Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a FICA document with two line items.I want to clear one and let the other one stay open.

How do I do this.I am using FPE1 to create them.

Thanks,

Chirantan

3 REPLIES 3

former_member190606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello there,

You can post a clearing lock on the item that you dont want to clear. You can do this by going to fpe2 and in the payt data tab set a clearing lock on the line item you dont want to clear

You must first create a clearing lock which can then be placed on line items.

Hope it helps!

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please apply the clearing lock in the line item that you want to restrict from clearing , use the change document transaction FPE2 to put the lock .

In case if you want selective clearing then in that case you can check for restrictions . which is present in the payments tab of the document . like the document should be cleared against a particlar MAIN and SUB etc.

hope this helps .

Regards ,

Dewang.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Chirantan:

There are several methods for clearing, and you have not specified which one. The easy way is to use FP06 and choose the proper line item for clearing. If that is not sufficient, then provide more details as to what and when this would occur.

regards,

bill.