cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard reports are running very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when SD and CS users are executing tcode then some standard reports (SAPLME07, SAPLME08, RM07DOCS, etc) are taking more time from our expection.

sytem info....

window server 2003 64bit SR2

SAP ECC 6 with Oracle 10.2.0.4

how can i improve speed of standare reports,

Regards,

Diya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you have performed the database statistics under db13 (check stats). and oracle system statistics using brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t system_stats

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks sunil,,,,

i am updating statistice on weekly basis with the help of BRTOOLS.

one thing i want to share with you..some table statistics are not updated with the help of brtools and db13, mean when i

see the stats in DB20 then table are showing the date of 5 month old....

why these standared reports are taking too much time after update statistics?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

execute db stas using brtools and make sure you use the the parameter stats_change_threshold = 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

the value of this parameter(stats_change_threshold) is 50 but it is disable in intSID.sap...

# threshold for collecting statistics after checking
# default: 50%
# stats_change_threshold = 50

now i have to remove the # sign for enable and set the value 1.

if i enable this parameter then what will be impact on statistics?

Regards,

diya

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello DiyaChopra,

Has your reports started taking long time all of sudden or ir gradually over time became expensive. Please try to find out this from ST03N..

some table statistics are not updated with the help of brtools and db13, mean when i see the stats in DB20 then table are showing the date of 5 month old....

Table stats will be updated only when there will be changes in table which crosses threshold intSID.sap. You can check this for previous runs with DB14 old runs for DB stats.

Also, try to find out Index with poor quality and expensive SQLs, and rebuild them. Do u have missing Indexes as well ?

thanks

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

The default value for the parameter stats_change_threshold is 50.

There should not be any impact if you change for time being to 1 or as per requirement. Currently those table changes are 50% then only stats will run automatically. Even no need to change the parameter if you use brtools and start the stats manually. You can change the value during the brtools selections. Run once brtools manually to complete the status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Has your reports started taking long time all of sudden or ir gradually over time became expensive.

gradually

try to find out Index with poor quality and expensive SQLs, and rebuild them. Do u have missing Indexes as well ?

in DB02 --> Table CFIS does not exist in the database

now i have to rebuild with SE14.

regards,

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DiyaChopra,

How come table CFIS got missing.. I hope you mean Index on this table.. right ?

If yes, i would suggest you to create Index from SQL command. Check SAP Note 334224, It has all required details.

However, you should also find out Index with poor quality, there should be some as you say performance degraded gradually.

Figure Out expensive SQLs on basis of high diskread/execution from ST04, Check SQL and tables its using. Now check Index quality for these with report RSORAISQ, If it is less than 70%, rebuild them with report RSANAORA and update stats.

thanks

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish and Sunil,

CFIS got missing

i m getting on DEV server.... while PRD is ok ...

please guide me about the solution of these standard reports(SAPLME07, SAPLME08, SAPMMB) which are running very slow and these are tables(EKBZ, EKBE, EKPO) are showing against these reports .

regards,

diya

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DiyaChopra,

Please run index rebuild and update stats for these table first. Do it for all Indexes for these tables.

In my system, i use below SQLs.. you need to change it a bit as per your requirements. First, please execute same SQL on your Quality system before running on Production and run it in off business hours only.

alter index SCHEMA."INDEX" rebuild online parallel 4 nologging;

alter index SCHEMA."INDEX" parallel 1;

EXEC DBMS_STATS.gather_index_stats('SCHEMA', '"INDEX"');

After this observe the performance for these.

thanks

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish,

i did not work on oracle,

1. alter index SCHEMA."INDEX" rebuild online parallel 4 nologging;
2. alter index SCHEMA."INDEX" parallel 1;
    EXEC DBMS_STATS.gather_index_stats('SCHEMA', '"INDEX"');

Schema : SAPSR3

Index : ???

how can i get the index (with SE14) mean i have to put the indexes of above tables (EKBZ, EKBE, EKPO) or something else.

plzzz...would you explain abt above commands ?

regards,

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diya,

i did not work on oracle, : Do you have Oracle database for SAP or something else ?

If Oracle :

You can use report rsanaora to rebuild them from SAP level in place of SQL. in place of INDEX, place index name like EKPO1 or EKPO0..

thanks

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>please guide me about the solution of these standard reports(SAPLME07, SAPLME08, SAPMMB) which are running very slow and these are tables(EKBZ, EKBE, EKPO) are showing against these reports .

What these reports do? can you please give me the job name? is this standard jobs?

Can you please check the last stat refresh date on DB20 for above tables?

No need directly jump to rebuid indexes until you have identified that the issues are with indexes and requires rebuilding. you can also do index rebuild from SAP use db02 -> segments -> detailed analysis --> index name (under segment) --> main data -> rebuild

Check the available index for a table from SE11 -> table --> display --> indexes

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure to select ALTER INDEX REBUILD ONLINE

and NOT ALTER INDEX REBUILD !!

SE14 can be used to create Index in DB.

thanks

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>i m getting on DEV server.... while PRD is ok ...

Does not looks like issue with indexes as you have no issues in production where you have data and development there is very less data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx ashish and Sunil,

i have trace the concern issue with the help of ST05 and rebuild the index with mentioned reports now system speed is much butter.

Regards,

Diya