cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post the messages to external server using Https protocol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement were have to post the invoice to External server which is a HTTPS Protocol.

the scenario over is IDOC -> PI -> Https(external system).

ECC -> PI -> third party system.

I have configured a RFC destination in SM59 of type "G" in PI system by maintianing the Technicals Settings and the proxy options.

Since it is SSL connection, in PI we have imported the Certificate of the third system

when we test the connection we get a popup asking for credentials of the HTTPS Third Party System provided by them.

After giving the credentails for3 times it gives a error saying

Status Text: Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request).

Please let me know if have missed any configuration so that we can establish the communication between the

Thanks,

Lalitkumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

@Sarath: the path what we have is the server link i.e., to post the message directly to the server. so when we try that path in the browser we get an error saying "XML data cannot be displayed" ,to login into the server will have to use the portal path which is totally different.

@Javaguy: as you mentioned about the proxy authentication, we have provided an user which as full authorization.

@pavan: the path which the third party have provided, they mentioned the port as 443 itself. we have the same one.

Appreciate you all for the replies. still looking forward to solve the issue.

please help...

thanks,

Lalitkumar.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

-->In RFC destination what port number did you provide?

-->Provide the port number as 443(i remember as) and try with this.This port number is default port number for https connection.

Note : If the port number is wrong search in Google for the correct port number.

Thanks

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Status Text: Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request).

Please let me know if have missed any configuration so that we can establish the communication between the

This is proxy authentication issue. You need to get details from the BASIS or System administrators about proxy server and its port details.

a) Test via browser using the given HTTPs URL. It wont give any display for sure. Insert the proxy server details in the browser and test again. It will work if the server address and port are good.

b) Use this proxy information in the HTTP adapter (receiver) side as follows..

THere is a proxy area to fill up..

Fill data for HTTP Proxy Host, HTTP Proxy Port, (user name and password )if any.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have to use a proxy server there as there might not be a direct connection to the internet from the PI system. Your certificate is only for getting authenticated at the target side. But first you will have to go through the proxy server for reaching internet. In parallel, you can check if you are able to call the target from your system. If yes, then check the proxy settings of your browser. That should give you an idea. Most of the times, unless you are going via a firewall, testing HTTPS connections via the browser generally solves the issues most of the times.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sarath.