cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Development and Qaulity behaving differntly with java version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

we have MII version 12.0.5 Build 126. Recently the computers the user's use got updated with the latest version of java (1.6.0_23) . After this we are finding strange behaviour with MII Quality server.

In the consume Screen when we try to do a batch consumption, i get the below error

Problem reading data from the server: java-security-AccessControlException: acess denied(java.net.SocketException:host:80 Connect,resolve ) ......

however this happens only in the quality server. Development and Production works fine with the latest java version. When i downgrade to lower java version 1.6.0, then it works fine in the quality server.

Initailly when i started troubleshooting this error i was under the impression that downgrading the java version would suffice, but dev and prod working fine with the new java version raises a concern that there must be something wrong with quality server.

When i add this string to java policy file the issue gets fixed, but we want to know the cause why it is behaving differently with QA server.

grant{permission java.net.SocketPermission "","connect,resolve";};*

I am sutck on this i issue as to where to look.

Kindly Help.

Thanks

Hussain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually, this type of error occurs when java socket is closed before the response could be returned over the socket.

Now in this case, I think the required port in Quality server is not available.

One option is you can realease the ports and re-assign.

BTW, is it resolved?

Best Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elaborate on this... ?

Now in this case, I think the required port in Quality server is not available. 

How can i find which port is this ? Is the the http port 80 on Quality server ?

One option is you can realease the ports and re-assign. 

How can we achive this ?

BTW, its not yet resloved

Thanks

Hussain

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Do you have any applets referencing each other with an update type event or are you using a body onload to reference an applet? If so, removing the dependency should fix your page.

Regards,

Jamie