cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement for a BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I came across a typical scenariou2026 looks very simple and very general but not able to come up with exact solutionu2026this scenario is more typical in electronic industries.

Scenario1 (without scales)

I have a hierarchical BOM, I ask my supplier to quote for 1 set. The supplier quotes for each and individual items (without scales). The system will automatically calculate the cost of the BOM. (up to here, I would have managed with using outline, but outline allows only services, but my BOM has coded materials).

Then while making PO, for example say, I want to order for 5 sets. Then the system should be automatically multiply all items by 5 and generate a PO for 5 sets. The GR will be done at item level.

Scenario2 (without scales)

Same as scenario1, except that, here the supplier is asked to enter the prices for individual item with scales, so that the quote will be useful for multiple sets also. Then, while making a PO, I may order, for example, 5 sets or 50 sets or 100 sets etcu2026 then the system should multiply the quantities of line items by u2018number of sets requiredu2019 and accordingly pick-up price related to the scales at item level.

Scenario3 (using contract with scales)

Same as scenario2, except that, I want to convert such quotation as a price contract, and make release orders, as on when required.

Can anybody suggest what is the best way to handle this? (available solution or work around solution).

GH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My own view about this is the scenario itself is wrong practice!

The requirements should have been generated from MRP, using BOM explosion. Then the system decides the number of the individual items to be procured.

But due to other business reasons, the scenario seems to be genuineu2026 request you to put your opinionu2026

GH