cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Console > Roles > Functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know the use of functions below which are under role definition in mdm console.

Checkout record

check in owned records

roll back owned records

check in non owned records

roll back non owned records

Also want to know whether role definition comes under the control of SAP BASIS guy or under SAP MDM.

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

The functions meanings-

1. Checkout record- is the role allowed to checkout records

2. Check in owned records- is the role allowed to check in records he checked out

3. Roll back owned records- is the role allowed to roll back records he checked out

4. Check in non owned records- is the role allowed to check in records he did not checked out

5. Roll back non owned records- is the role allowed to roll back records he did not checked out

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Hedda Cohen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

In the Console role functions you set the role based access control, by setting the functions' radio button to Execute/ None mode.

If the function is set on None then the users of this role will not be able to execute this function.

The examples you gave are related to the records check in/ check out operations.

You can read more in the Console Reference Guide about the Console role functions and in Data Manager regarding the check in/ out functionality.

Regards,

Hedda Cohen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hedda,

I know this is under roles and functions. I just want to know the use of know what mean add, modify , delete, protect, unprotect.

But I don't know the usage of the rest options.

Thanks,

Kiran

Edited by: KiranCG on Dec 28, 2010 10:13 AM