Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SRM from 5.0 to 7.0

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Currently I am working as SRM functional consultant in production support project. Now my client is planing to upgrade their SRM system from 5.0 to 7.0.

Since its going to be a technical upgrade only, please let me know what would be a functional consultant role in SRM upgradation project.

Thanks in advance.

BR

Jennifer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

The role of a Functional consultant in such upgrades would be more of Testing.

The reason being:

1) SRM 5.0 has ITS based (User Inerface) whereas SRM 7.0 has an Enterprise Portal(EP) frontend (UI). All users would need appropriate Portal Roles to access and work in the EP. So one of the testing would be ensure that users have appropriate roles.

2) Approval workflow in SRM 5.0 is Application based whereas SRM 7.0 has Process Control in addition. So, an upgrade has the option to continue and use Application control or switch over to Process control. In the former case, again one needs to do exhaustive testing on the Approval front after the upgrade to ensure that nothing has been broken

3) Few screen control BADIs are obsolete as of SRM 7.0. SRM 7.0 uses WebDynpro screens and screen control can be achieved partly via config(SPRO) and partly by modifying the WebDynpro fields (SE80). So, am not sure about how much of the SRM 5.0 screen customsations would hold good in SRM7.0

4) If you are using GOA (Global Agreements) in SRM 5.0, you have the option to convert it to Central Contract (CCTR) in SRM 7.0. This may also require XI to be mapped and more config in SRM and ECC.

So, the bottom line is, whether you continue to use your existing functions alone or figure out to use a few additional functions that come with SRM 7.0, an exhaustive testing is a must. And, most of these testing would be covered by Functional consultants.

Cheers - Akash

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Appreciate for your input. Awarded full point.

BR

Jennifer

Answers (0)