cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate existing ITS design to Integrated ITS ?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are currently on WAS 6.40 and ECC5.0. We have pre-existing ITS designs (ie. external ITS when on 4.6c) and would like to migrate those to internal ITS. I have seen conflicting information about doing this. Some posts say it is not possible and that only "sap_tradeshow" is available, while presentations clearly show setting a "~design" parameter in SICF. Sooooo can this be done and if so, what are the steps? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

these designs have to be regenerated with the sap_generate service from the 6.40 SAP system, which have to be called out of the portal. Basicly the same way as after applying any ITS 6.20 patch. Using these style sheets you can ~design parameter. What youoverwrite the original styles of your service with the cannot do is to create own styles for the webgui service. webgui currently don't allow to overwrite styles and by default uses sap_tradeshow design. (a webgui service is any service which has the ~webgui flag set in the service file).

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Klaus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Klaus Layer helped me out, but once deep into it, there were some pieces I had to find on my own. Soooo.....thought I would add more info to help others one day from my own lessons learned.....

For using a "design" with intergrated ITS, there are a couple parameter settings needed.

(a) via t-code SICF, find the service you want to apply a "design" too.

(b) change the "settings" of the service (little button on the initial properties page over by the "GUI" box on the right side.

(c) THREE very important settings needed (at least from what I saw)...

(1) ~WEBTRANSACTIONTYPE = EWT (SAP note says this must be the value)

(2) ~DESIGN = sap_chrome (or whatever design value you want to use...you can find available designs via SE80 in the repository browser)

(3) ~DESIGNBASEURL = /sap/public/bc/its (this was a pain in the ....uhm....rear.....took forever for me to figure out this was the problem. I would have thought that this was the "default" path for integrated ITS, but nooooo....once I set it, viola! my chosen design showed right up!)

Now....for making a custom design...you can follow the steps above about using the Theme Generator in the portal (I suggest reading the help.sap.com info for yoru version and related notes on service.sap.com as well). You can also copy and existing design (again, via SE80) and then make your change manually (ie. view the file, make changes, re-import the MIME file).

Hope this helps someone else!

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Klaus Layer

Thanks! Exactly the info I needed.