Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG Role Menus Translations issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have an issue, which i cant seem to fix or understand why it may have occured:

my issue is as follows:

The problem which I am having is that we have a number of custom Transaction CODES that we just translated into the German. However in the role menus they are still displayed in English language even when you change the login language to German.

I thought the reason this issue might be occuring, is because they may have been entered into the role menu prior to the translation ever existed

But if I create a new role with the same TRANSACTION CODE they are correctly displayed.

i AM CONFUSED.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurjen,

thanks for this, im thinking should I contact SAP on this?

maybe they might know something?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether it will work or not. But you may give a try to this.

Download the role in text format and replace below

AGR_FLAGS 100TEST_DE MASTER_LAN***** 20101222184817***** 20101222184817E

With below

AGR_FLAGS 100TEST_DE MASTER_LAN***** 20101222184817***** 20101222184817D

• represent my user ID

You may try with 1 role and then try to generate role in SUPC. Just a thought.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

33 REPLIES 33

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought the reason this issue might be occuring, is because they may have been entered into the role menu prior to the translation ever existed

I also suspect this is the case. Since these texts are copied to the role tables (AGR_HIERT) when the menu entry is created and the role is this is the expected behaviour. The menu texts are not linked to the transaction table (TSTCT).

So, for a solution, how many roles are affected here?

0 Kudos

Jurjen,

Many thanks for this,

they are around 400 roles which are being affected.

what can I do?

0 Kudos

Okay, 400 is a lot. The issue lies in table AGR_HIERT.

To see for yourself what is happening you can do the following:

Search table AGR_HIERT for a role with and one without the proper transaction texts and you will notice the German text (field SPRAS, value D) is missing for your older roles.

With this information you can talk to an abaper to see if he/she can create a small program to correct the problem by inserting new lines into this table containing the relevant AGR_NAME entries, the OBJECT_ID's from the English texts, SPRAS=D and the correct TEXT from TSTC.

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Many thanks for the quick response again.

ouch! ouch! looks like i cant do a manual change or can I ? if i have to manually go into each role what do i need to do?

im not sayin gi will do it manually, but maybe

also

Can SAP help me, I have done some checks and found a OSS note with the number of

1263259 ( PFCG Error in role menu maintenance) but i dont know if this will fix the issue.

Do you know any other SAP notes?

If i let SAP do something will it help me?

I want to see if i can do anythign before i send it to SAP.

THANKS

0 Kudos

The manual soluition will most probabely be to go into each role, delete the transaction from the menu, save the role, re-enter the transaction, save the role again and generate the profile without changeing it.

I am not aware of notes for this issue but maybe someone else here is. The note you have found doesn't look relevant to me.

If you can't get hold of an abaper you can try to create an ECATT script that does the following:

1- Start SE16

2- open table AGR_HIERT

3- enter a new record for each role/transaction combination.

This is assuming you are on a dev system, know ECATT and have sufficient rights. You may want to download all roles or enter them into a transport request before editing the table contents to have the originals as a backup.

To create the input file for the ECATT script you must download all entries from AGR_HIERT which hold the ID and English text for the menu-entries in the roles you need to fix. Change the "SPRAS"entries from "E" to "D" and replace the English text with the German one.

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurjen,

thanks for this, im thinking should I contact SAP on this?

maybe they might know something?

0 Kudos

Well, this doesn't look like a bug to me...... so fixing the menu-items may turn out to be your problem and not SAP's.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether it will work or not. But you may give a try to this.

Download the role in text format and replace below

AGR_FLAGS 100TEST_DE MASTER_LAN***** 20101222184817***** 20101222184817E

With below

AGR_FLAGS 100TEST_DE MASTER_LAN***** 20101222184817***** 20101222184817D

• represent my user ID

You may try with 1 role and then try to generate role in SUPC. Just a thought.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

The roles' master language isn't OP's problem. It's missing texts for transaction menu nodes.

Besides that, to change the master language this trick doesn't work the way you've posted it. You'll have to delete the role from the system between downloading and uploading the changed file, otherwise the AGR_FLAGS setting from the file will be ignored.

Also, for the master language problem one should follow note 854311 which is safer than manipulating download files. I do fumble around with the files myself but only as a last resort.

0 Kudos

It turns out the real answer just popped up on an old thread here:

There is a program to add transaction texts called PRGN_CORRMEN2. Just tried it and it does exactly what you need. Now the only thing you have to do is create an ECATT script to run it for each of your 400 roles.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

I just logged in to see,

Is this the solution to my problem? well this will be great.

Obvioulsy your aware my problem, any new roles which I create the MENUS are fine, only the old ones, prior to the translations.

Now, I havent a clue on SECATT or SCAT transaction, what will I need to do?

what do i need to do with the program first? can i get away without using a SECATT? ECAT?

I dont know how to use the tool,

i appreciate your findings, but I will lile to fix this issue soon,.

0 Kudos

Just run the report PRGN_CORRMEN2 for one of the roles that need fixing and view the result. Even if you do not know how to automate the process this is a lot faster than going into each role with PFCG.

SECATT tutorials can be found on the internet. Even if you search SCN (not the forum search but the one top right) for SECATT you should find enough info.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add, function module PRGN_AGR_TRANSLATION can also be used for translation of Menu entries of roles.

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Sandipan, please explain a bit more on that one as I have found the FM but cannot see what it is supposed to do. Looking at the only note I've found for this FM, "Note 753238 - PFCG: Link to old translation tool deactivated" I suspect that it is an aid during role creation, not for fixing existing roles afterwards.

What am I missing here?

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

I have executed the program "Utility for adding texts to roles", and put in one of the ROLES which is a Z ROLE

what must it show?

what i can see is the following

I put in the role name and than I select the Language DE

What i see is the TRANSACTION CODEs LIKE.

KDH3...

and i also see 2 Z transactions too, against the 2 Z transactions i see the language as DE, but the transaction text is states "NO TEXT". all the other transactions inthe role arent Z transactions and they are shoing the GERMAN Transaction text.

Correct me if im wrong Jurjen, the 2 Z transactions with the language DE is showing "NO TEXTS" i take it its these 2 that need the texts adding? but how do i add the text?

Now the other interesting point is that if I select the Language EN, and execute the report I see the english transaction text showing up, which means the german transaction text is missing.

but why arent i seeing the german equivalent text for those 2 Z transactions?

thanks

0 Kudos

I guess that's the answer

0 Kudos

No idea actually. Please post the contents of table TSTCT for those two transactions here.

0 Kudos

For custom transactions in an unicode environment, you will need to use tcode SE63 to translate the transaction texts (Translation>Abap objects> short texts>S3 Abap texts>TRAN). I guess the SAP standard tcode texts are translated when we do unicode conversion of system but custom tcode have to be translated to a target language and custom program/ modified programs need to be made unicode compatible via SPAU/SPAD.

Also, check if the custom tcode's program is unicode compatible (via tcode SE38> display attributes> checkbox "unicode checks active" checked) otherwise the custom tcode might error out.

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

the contents FOR 1 OF THE TRANSACTION IS are as follows:

TCode Program Screen MENUE CINFO Message class Transaction Text

ZtrZ4 AQZZZFMS========ZrS_BANKS_QRY_tesy 1000 80 Banks Query test

THANKS

0 Kudos

Is suspect this output is from TSTC and not from TSTCT, the transaction texts table. That's the one I want to see.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Many thanls, yes in TSTCT, against DE there is nothing for those Z TRANSACTIONS, and against ENGLISH there is

Language TCode Transaction Text

E ZZ4ER Banks TEST

E ZFRTD Te Functio

0 Kudos

Okay, this means that your developers will have to translate the transaction texts first.

Once that is done and the German texts are present in TSTCT the report PRGN_CORRMEN2 will help you with your next step, adding the German text to the menu entries.

Good luck!

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

I would like to say a great thanks, and I will be giving you the full marks possible for the work youve done. I can see you have had over 3,000 points!!!

anyhow, I will check whether the translations were done for this, but clearly on some they are shoing none, i take it the way in which i can see if a GERMAN translation is done is via TSTCT table and enter DE for the transaction type, and if nothing appears than no translation exists.

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

sorry I should have asked, ince the developers have done all the translations. how do i run the report? all it does is shows the text against the transaction once i execute it.

0 Kudos

all it does is shows the text against the transaction once i execute it.

That's what I thought when I ran it on my test system but it actually changes stuff. The feedback could have been better

If you go go into SE16 and browse table AGR_HIERT for the role you're fixing just before and after you ran the report you'll notice the difference. Or you can log on in German and inspect the role menu after you've ran the report for a role.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

The feedback will be great, i promise, as this isnt an easy problem. i will check in my test system.

cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen

I just ran SE16 with table AGR_HIERT for the role which im trying to fix, and i executed this with LANGUAGE and there i can see the ROle name, LANGUAGE "D" AND Counter for Meni UD and the NODE TEXT in German.

Now

I than run PRGN_CORRMEN2 put in my role name, and than i see a TARGET LANGUAGE ( what does that mean?)?

i enter DE

and than execute and what i see is that all the standard transactions showing the GERMAN texts BUT THE Z TRANSACTION showing NO TEXT?

you mentioned that the transalation might not be done for this?

How can i see if the translationg for this role and the 2 Z TRANSACTION isnt done?

Thanks

0 Kudos

you mentioned that the transalation might not be done for this?

How can i see if the translationg for this role and the 2 Z TRANSACTION isnt done?

Check in table TSTCT if a German text (SPRAS="D") is available for your Z-transactions or not. If not, talk to the developers and have them create the missing texts. After that you can start fixing your roles.

0 Kudos

Danke se

many thanks Jurjen,

I will get them to do this and close this thread off.

cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Our team will translate the texts shortly. In the meantime how do I run the program?

Im not sure what the program does?

0 Kudos

I faintly suspect your next step-by-step question is going to be about learning German in 21 days?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

how do I run the program?

Have you considered trying? I actually did that for one of my earlier answers and hey, I'm still here

The program doesn't break anything. If you're really afraid, have a developer look at the code to confirm that.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

20 points to you sir, for top solution, it works perfectly!!!!!

executed the program and works.

many many thanks for this, sorry for the delay in giving you the maximum points, I was looking for the 100 point marker.