Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Login ID for Developer (ABAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have existing ABAP Login id.

and i need to create new Login id with all developer access to create ABAP objects

so please guide me how to create.

Regards,

Vimlesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

make sure you register new user as developer on service.sap.com/sscr

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so please guide me how to create

1st take a trainnig on how to create user. Then basic idea of authorization management.

former_member205110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimlesh

please note even if you copy existing ABAP user id to create a new one, you would require to register your new user as developer with SAP.Else, SAP will not let you change the dictionary objects.

As far as the user id creation is concerned you can copy existing ABAP user id in SU01. the steps to copy an existing user id is to write the new user id and select 'Shift + F5'. I have created ABAP specific role and assigned it my ABAP analyst. but as suggested in previous post you could also assign S.A_DEVELOP profile directly in SU01.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I guess this question should have been raised in the security forum on the best practice to give roles to a developer.

Anyways, for simple and short method, there is a standard SAP profile S_A.DEVELOP which you can give it to your developers.

However, the security experts can guide you better in how much extra access should be given to developers and how to restrict these authorization.

Cheers!!

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tcode for creating users is SU01. You can either copy the existing users by going to SU01-> give UN-> Copy. This will automatically copy all the roles and profiles of the current user to the new user.

In case new user needs to be created then goto SU01-> Give UN-> Create. Assign the company name, Address, Login data like pwd, Roles and Profiles that user needs.

Rgds,

Soujanya