cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Clients in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I would like to know how many cross clients are available in SAP for all modules

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

is that CROSS APPLICATION COMPONENTS.

if it is yes,

there is - ENTERPRISE PORTAL, KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT, NET WEAVER - to name a few.

if my answer is not satisfied with you.

please explain the question once again.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Cross SystemIn some scenarios, the business process workflow is distributed in more than one system. It means the workflow is triggered in one system and executes some tasks and then triggers a second workflow in another system. Processing is done in the second workflow and again comes back to first workflow. This means there is a switch between workflows across systems. The major task is to pass data from one workflow to other.

Cross ClientLike Cross systems, we can have workflows talking across clients of same system. Example, Workflow is triggered when a Purchase Order is changed in system SYS 1 (Client 100). It determines the changes. Based on it, a work item is generated for approval of changes done. The agents (Suppliers) are in same SYS 1 but different client (Client 200). So, the Dialog task for Approval will be in client 200.

Can refer following links for more details :--

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/57/38dea84eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50d1c48f-de79-2c10-3bad-bbc343aac...?

QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true

Thanks and Regards

Rajesh

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding...maximum 1000 clients are possible (000 to 999). Excluding 000, 800 and 066, you can consider that 997 are possible clients.

This is a wild guess based on my understanding. I feel, the appropriate forum for this kind of question is basis forum.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"N" number of Cross clients are available in SAP system. That is depends on client and their business scenarios..

FYI:

Cross client tables are client independent tables. i.e when you change the record in one client then automatically that change reflects in other clients also. The data is common for all the clients.

Best Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

what do u mean by cross client?. are u referring to cross client configuration?

thx

Dilip Sadh