Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an Exception in XI home page -NoClassDefFoundError

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Merry Christmas to all

I am new to SAP XI, recently i started working with this so when i started the very next day i am facing the problem with XI Home page.

When i typed and entered in trans Code sxmb_ifr ,I'm facing the problem with . My xi start page shows the error:

Exception Details

Exception class: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Stacktrace

Thrown:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: null

at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.applcomp.StartupCodeEntry.startup(StartupCodeEntry.java:665)

at com.sap.aii.ib.core.applcomp.IStartupCodeEntry.startupIfNotAlreadyDone(IStartupCodeEntry.java:33)

at com.sap.aii.ib.core.applcomp.ExplicitApplicationComponentImpl.startup(ExplicitApplicationComponentImpl.java:116)

at com.sap.aii.ib.core.applcomp.ExplicitApplicationComponents.startup(ExplicitApplicationComponents.java:374)

at com.sap.aii.ib.core.applcomp.ApplicationComponent.startup(ApplicationComponent.java:201)

at jsp_Main1141273450257._jspService(jsp_Main1141273450257.java:21)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:467)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:181)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:385)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:263)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:340)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:318)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:821)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:239)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:147)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java:71)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:94)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:162)

Could you please help me out. Im not able to solve the problem.

ACtually i got the related thread in SDN but there i didn't find the correct solution, becz as they said because of lower version of java, but i am using Higher version of JAVA only i mean above java 1.4 .So even though i am facing the same problem.

Could you ppl, help me out regarding this issue.As i am beginner to XI facing with this problem is really feeling bad.So can any one reply me soon for this i am very thank full to them in advance.

Happy New year in Advance to All

Thanks & Sridhar

Allenki

Edited by: ALLENKI SRIDHAR on Dec 25, 2010 7:23 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
ACtually i got the related thread in SDN but there i didn't find the correct solution, becz as they said because of lower 
version of java, but i am using Higher version of JAVA only i mean above java 1.4 .So even though i am facing the same 
problem.

Lower versions of PI (XI) work with lower version of JAVA....latest (7.1/ 7.11) work with 1.6 etc.

Open your JAVA runtime (JAVA installed in your desktop....start --> run --> javaws)....delete the entries from there and then again check.

Also ensure that you maintain proper entry (hostname and IP address) in your host file.

If any of your colleague is able to access it then cross-check settings of the two machines

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please do try with j2re-1_4_2_15; you can find this in archive link of Sun. Install this & it should start working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folks,

My Java version which is in my system is:

j2re 1.4.2_12 and PI 7.0 Version

So do i need to change java version.to j2re-1_4_2_15. so plz reply for me this.

Thanks & Regards,

Allenki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try what Abhishek told.

01. check if you have 2 version of JRE on your system, control panel-> Java. (Java-> General tab) delete all the temp files.

02. catch refresh full

03. in RWB you got to tools. In the Integration builder tab choose Java Web start Admin--> Re-initialization (the same for IR)

check this

Edited by: Prabhu Rajesh Janardanan on Dec 25, 2010 4:04 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
So do i need to change java version.to j2re-1_4_2_15. so plz reply for me this.

Not required.

When i typed and entered in trans Code sxmb_ifr ,I'm facing the problem with 

Did you try accessing the XI homepage URL from the IE...rather than opening it through SXMB_IFR?

Did you looked for host file and firewall settings...mentioned in earlier reply?

Regards,

Abhishek.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allenki,

I work in PI 7.0. I have installed jdk1.4.2_15 and j2re1.4.2_15. This is working fine for me. First remove all existing java versions from your system and reinstall j2sdk1.4.2_15 and j2re1.4.2_15. I hope this helps.

regards

Anupam

Edited by: anupamsap on Dec 27, 2010 8:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Thanks a lor for all of you for replying my query But my problem is not yet solved:

@Abhishek: Hey i checked , what you said but in Proxies it is chosen defaulted--- Use Browser: Direct Connection

And no entries are there so , i did not delete any thing and i checked again, it is not working and also i tried in IE with address with out typing sxmb_ifr in trans code..Even though it is not working.

@Anupam: Hey Anupam, Actually i am new to XI so i am thinking that if i delete the existing java versions and reinstall the new version what u said above, Will it effect to PI server settings and installation...[.because i am thinking that during the PI installation process only the j2re is installed.So if i remove those j2re versions and reinstall....so it effects to the PI...becz one of my friend told that SAP applications are so this thing...if u miss single file also it wont work...he said like that...so i didn't proceed for that...is that so...?...].

So if you say it wont effect to the existing PI i will go ahead further....plz reply ....

[@prabhu: and even this my reply to ...Prabhu also.]

Thanks & Regards,

Allenki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ask your basis guys to do a complete restart of your XI system both ABAP and JAVA stack.....after ur XI system is up, ask your basis guys to check if there is any error in the latest trace and log file......if there is no error, then try to open XI homepage in IE by giving its URL directly and see if your XI homepage comes.......

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allenki,

you are a user logging into the server. donot worry, you are not destroying any settings in server itself. You are just making your java enviornment right. So please do not worry and go ahead with unistallation and reinstallation.

here is the link you can use

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_15/index.html

One last thing Allenki. R u working on the server directly i.e are you an SAP administrator? Then please take expert advice before you do java reinstallation. If you are XI consultant just logging in and working in IR and ID and not working directly on the main server then please go ahead with the reinstallation.

regards

Anupam

Edited by: anupamsap on Dec 27, 2010 12:05 PM