Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data show via S_ALR_87011965 with some user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When I am running Transistion S_ALR_87011965 for Perticular Business area.It showing No data was selected with perticular user.But when I am running same thing with other users .It giving output.I check via SU24 ,I have given all the object.I have check via SU53 ,I have done System trace also, all is OK.I am using Ecc 6.0 with Oracle 1 on Unix.All patches is updated.

What should be problem?

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

I have done System trace also

I assume that it's not a authorization issue. So below checks can be performed additionally.

1. Other screen input same for both the users?

2. User Parameter are same?

However if you do have doubt on authorization check then try assiging same set of role form successful user to problematic user to find if it's authorization issue or not.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

The S_ALR_87011965 tcode has only A_A_VIEW, S_PROGRAM, S_TCODE in SU24. You might have provided access only to these auth object. But, since this is a FI related transaction code, it require a few other authorization objects too. Edit the role which has this tcode, and include all the objects such as A_S_ANLKL, A_S_WERK, A_S_GSBER, A_S_KOSTL (and any other objects).

You may enable the ST01 trace to identify the required authorization objects/the objects on which the check has done and include them manually in the role.

This should solve the issue.

I wish a Merry Xmas and happy new year!!

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is one of FI-AA reports and you would need to update all the authorization objects for cost centre/ business place/ plant etc. There is a note at SAP service marketplace that gives authorization objects required for such FI-AA reports.

Also, when you are running ST01 trace, make sure you run it on the same application server in which the user is logged in (via AL08 you can find where the user is logged in). To switch to application server in which user is logged in, use transaction SM50. It should identify the authorization objects being checked.

Thanks,

Sandipan

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a peculiar problem we faced in ECC6 with some s_alr* txnx.Even after running trace and st01 we failed to find the issue. In order to tackle these problems the option is check the buffer su56 for the users who are able to run the txn and getting out put. Now compare the buffers of the users who are able to run against the user who failed to run. You can find some missing auth objects in second case...now manually include the missing objects one by one to find out exact missing objects 9starts with some a_a objects). As far I remember 3-4 auth objects would be required to add and detection is via trial and error. Best wishes and merry chrismas..

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to my earlier post, please also check the following Sap notes which is pertaining to S_ALR_* reports showing error " no data selected" for some users and its correction

SAP Note 141876 and 856248

Also, running such FI-AA reports in background and generating the output in spool sometimes work wonders!

Thanks

Sandipan

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

I have done System trace also

I assume that it's not a authorization issue. So below checks can be performed additionally.

1. Other screen input same for both the users?

2. User Parameter are same?

However if you do have doubt on authorization check then try assiging same set of role form successful user to problematic user to find if it's authorization issue or not.

Regards,

Arpan Paik