cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW ABAP 7.02 Trial - missing DNS domain name installation possibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum colleagues

I'm trying to install the new 7.02 version of SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial.

In general my installation runs without any serious problems and also seems to work.

But what I'm actually missing is the possibility to call web dynpros via URL from a web browser outside the ABAP development environment (e.g. via browser from a workstation outside my SAP system environment).

When installing the 7.01 version, there's the possibility to provide the installation issue 'SAP System > DNS Domain Name' within the SAP NetWeaver Software Delivery Tool' with a DNS domain name (e.g. <myhost>.dyndns.org).

My problem:

What is to do to call a web dynpro via DNS domain name from anywhere via URL?

How can I install the relevant DNS domain name?

Any ideas / hints?

Thanks a lot for your feed back!

BR, Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You intend to access the BSP pages via URL from anywhere (even from outside the domain)?

If so, the best way would be to use a reverse proxy. Blogs/articles available here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/Change%20Portal%20URL

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan

Thank you for your feed back!

The actually problem I'm facing to is much more trivial. At least I hope so!

The installation routine 'SAPINST.exe', which is delivered with 'SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SR1 SP3 ABAP Developer Edition', offers as third parameter of the parameter list the possibility to provide a field called 'SAP System > DNS Domain Name (set FQDN for SAP System)'.

Within the installation routine 'SAPINST.exe' delivered with 'SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.02 SP6 32-bit Trial' I'm missing this possibility!?

This value (DNS domain name) will be passed later on to SAP profile parameter 'SAPLOCALHOSTFULL' by the installation routine. (I'm not able to update this parameter manually by myself, after ABAP NW AS 7.02 has been installed.)

-

I also cannot find any possibillity to install the Sapcrypto feature via SAPINST.exe as known by version 7.01.

So actually I don't know if there is something missing in my local environment (like any parameters or so ..) or if these 2 features (DNS domain name & Sapcrypto) aren't supported anymore by the installation SAPINST.EXE.

Any idea?

Thanks you!

regards Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sfefan,

Did you try to use the "Custom" install option of the SAPInst?

Ideally the two options for DNS and SAPCytpo should be available in the "Typical" install option too.

I just checked SAPInst for 7.02 on Windows x64 and the two options are shown.

It might be that there is issue with the SAPinst in the trial version package.

However, the value for 'SAPLOCALHOSTFULL' could be set via tcode RZ10 in the default or the instance profile. Did you get any issue while doing this?

Also installing SAPCrypto is possible manually via the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/49/23501ebf5a1902e10000000a42189c/content.htm

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan

Thank's again for replying!

Indeed there seems to be differences between the productive and the trial version of SAPinst.exe;

I've just run the trial version and I don't get any option to choose between CUSTOM and TYPICAL.

I've also tried to change the parameter value of 'SAPLOCALHOSTFULL' via RZ10 in the instance profile.

but unfortunately the relevant field/s are set to "display only'.

What I'm trying next will be to use the SAPINST.exe of the trial version 7.01; perhaps this will run also on 7.02 and so solve my issues ...

I'll keep you informed.

BR, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Were you able to resolve DOMAIN issue 7.02. I am having same issue and not sure how to proceed. Please keep posted if you get to resolve the issue and work with Web Dynpro or BSP.

thanks

Kshamatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kshamatha

Yes, I did!

I decided to try to provide the relevant parameter manually within the profile files:

=> DEFAULT.PFL

#----

1. manually appended ...

SAPFQDN = (myhost).DYNDNS.ORG

SAPLOCALHOSTFULL = $(SAPLOCALHOST).$(SAPFQDN)

dbms/type = sdb # don't yet know if this para is neccessary?!

=> NSP_DVEBMGS00_(my_windows_xp_sp3_computer_name)

#----

1. manually appended ...

icm/host_name_full = (myhost).DYNDNS.ORG

---

The (myhost) domain name I've registered by DNYDNS.COM by free.

With this activated parameters I'm able to call a web dynpro application also from outside my local network.

-

Unfortunately actually I've another problem, concerning NW 7.02 ABAP trial - see my thread: ' disp+work.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close ... ' if you like to ...

Keep me in the loop ...

Regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent tip Stephan! I will try to update default.plf and see if i get past the issue i am having and see if i can test run a webdynpro as well. Will keep you posted later.

jsancho
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

several days before I posted my problems when trying to execute WebDynpro ABAP within NSP 7.02 SP6. I guess you are able to execute any WDA from this trial server.

Did you experienced any problem when trying to execute them? and if so, how did you managed to get they working?

In my case the standard logon page is rendered but something happens within the JavaScript because although I press the logon button or the Change password button nothing happens.

Here is the mentioned link

[|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

I am able to call webdynpro with the changes in profile file you specified. Thanks a lot for providing the information.