cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good pricing strategy using SAP tools

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone please describe the key requirements for a good pricing strategy using SAP tools?

Regards

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

another best way of the pricing strategy is:

taking the requriment from client and comparing the requriment with SAP fields and creating the condition tables with the requried combination.

- setting the CMR and MMR according to the requriment.

- creating condition records according to the strategy of pricing used by the client on his busiess process.

- if standard is fitting client requriment then by taking the help of a ABAPER achieveing it by utilising REQURIMENT ALTERNATE CONDITION VALUE & ALT. CONDITION BASE.

-finally assiging the pricing procedures to the sales area; customer PP and Document Pricing Procedure - so here the type of pricing stragegy is ful filled here. and the type of sales which we have to use the pricing strategy is ful filled through the sales document or sales document type.

- pricing procedure consists the set of condition types which we will be using for CMR - CPP & Sales document - DPP.

in this way you can solve the pricing strategies and satisfy clients.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nidhi

good pricing strategies depends on what client is practising for running his business smoothly - this is one client example.

in general every business will be having their own pricing strategies.

in general :

factory to dealer - factory sales pricing

depot - customer - depot sales pricing

factory to customer - direct sales pricing

free sales

sample sales

consignment business process - pricing.

THUMB RULE :

BASE PRICE - DISCOUNTS + FRIEGHT + TAXES = STANDARD PRICING STRATEGY.

Balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Balaji....your reply is very useful and helped me get my answer to some extent.

Regards

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pricing strategy is dependent on various factors like customer, material, channel of distribution(viz., whole sale, retail, etc) and many other factors. There is no standard strategy for all companies, they adapt their own.

The best way is to understand the pricing strategy of the client by knowing the factors they take into consideration to arrive at the price. Then build condition tables with these factors....... and rest of the pricing I believe u must be knowing.

Warm regards,

Sarat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nidhi,

Not sure if i have understood ur question correctly.

First we must understand business requirements. And document them. Secondly we must configure pricing procedure , condition type, access sequence, condition tables.

Best practice is have optimum number of these.

Thx

Dilip Sadh