cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe with Aliases only...

Former Member
0 Kudos

we can also make universe with the help of the alias only, what is impact of it on the universe , is there any advantage to make the universe only with the alias, is there any impact, or it just the same thing as we use the original table in the universe .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently switched to create universes with aliases, leaving the original table in an area at the top of the schema.

The big advantage to this is that any table name changes can be managed more easily. It also means that you don't need to figure out where the original table was if you later alias it. It's very much personal choice and as you work with more universes you will see different styles used.

Typically if I need to create an alias, I'll move the original table out of the schema and make two aliases; this problem will never arise in a schema based purely on aliases.

The main issue you'll encounter is that all the original tables will show up in your integrity check as not being connected to anything but so long as you know this to be the case it shouldn't worry you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if trap occurs or loop occurs while joining the alias, we have to create alias of alias? will be there same effect or is there any different way to resolve loops when the universe is created with alias only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard rules apply whether you use all aliases or not.

If the table is used for two different reasons, use aliases.

If the table is used against two fact tables, use contexts.

Answers (0)