cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A strange problem with SOAP - XI - RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured a SOAP-XI-RFC scenario. I want to execute the BAPI_MATERIAL_GET_LIST and BAPI_MATERIAL_GETDETAIL.

When i send the soap request through XMLSpy, I do not get the expected result. For getdetail even though i give a valid material number, it sends me a response saying ...

<RETURN>

<TYPE>E</TYPE>

<CODE>M3262</CODE>

<MESSAGE>Enter a material number</MESSAGE>

<LOG_NO/>

<LOG_MSG_NO>000000</LOG_MSG_NO>

<MESSAGE_V1/>

<MESSAGE_V2/>

<MESSAGE_V3/>

<MESSAGE_V4/>

</RETURN>

and for getlist it does not return me anything.

i checked executing the BAPI directly in R/3 and it returns proper values.

<b>The most surprising thing is that the messag monitor, sxmb_moni and all the monitors show a success message</b>

Can anyone help me with this?

Any pointers will be of great help

Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

plz control your request mapping result in SXMB_MONI. For request message have a look to "mapping of request message": Are the the RFC fields filled like in your test? May be leading zeros or something like that? Look to to BAPI answer: Response message. I suppose, the BAPI sends the message "Enter a material number". Who else?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check your message mapping once again with the sample test using test tab...

<i>The most surprising thing is that the messag monitor, sxmb_moni and all the monitors show a success message</i>

RFC call successfully goes to SAP and gives a return message to XI.SO it is showing message..

sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Check this out..

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009 --> Troubleshooting SOAP and RFC scenarios.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S : Please mark helpful answers