cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data after Sync MAM2.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

After Sync MI2.5 client(SP13 patch 00), I could see MAM2.5 application link.

(MAM25.WAR is uploaded via webconsole and assigned to the mobile device id - laptop in my case).

After clicking MAM25 application link, I could see only 'User View Manager' and underneith only 'others' but no other order related component.

In the meantime, following function modules in the BACKEND brings the data:

alm_merep_095_getList = 1 Scenario as result

alm_merep_001_getList = 1 Order as result

I tried testing 'Emulator' using MEREP_SBUILDER for the MAM25_001 SyncBOs for my particular device ID, it is NOT bringing that Order. So which means, I believe the middleware is not getting data from Backend.

So, my client tracefile shows like this.

Can you please help to solve this

Regards

Ragavan.

==================================================

0060725 22:54:54:546] E [Unknown ] Mobile Asset Management Error begin:

[20060725 22:54:54:546] E [Unknown ] Error in CstmCustomController

[20060725 22:54:54:546] E [Unknown ] java.lang.NullPointerException: no message available

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.mbs.mam.bo.impl.Mam095ManagerImpl.getMam095Item030s(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.impl.CstmCustomControllerImpl.getBusinessProcess(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.util.ComponentStatus.getBusinessProcess(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.util.ComponentStatus.getRFID1IsActive(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.util.ComponentStatus.getRFIDIsActive(Unknown Source)

at mam_0005fhome._jspService(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)

at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287)

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)

at org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.doForward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:222)

at org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:162)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.dispatchRequest(AbstractMEHttpServlet.java:896)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGetNotThreadSafe(AbstractMEHttpServlet.java:347)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGet(AbstractMEHttpServlet.java:678)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.service(AbstractMEHttpServlet.java:326)

at org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.doForward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:222)

at org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:162)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:423)

at mam_0005fstart._jspService(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:806)

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:752)

at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)

at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

[20060725 22:54:54:546] E [Unknown ] Mobile Asset Management Error end.

[20060725 22:54:54:546] D [MI/Persistence ] Get IPersistenceManager for ConversationID: 3D4EC29775F52E429DC694D0EE64D9D4

[20060725 22:54:54:546] D [MI/Persistence ] beginTransaction() called with doWait=false for instance 33039485

[20060725 22:54:54:546] D [MI/Persistence ] PersistenceManagerImpl.beginTransaction():false

[20060725 22:54:54:546] D [MI/Persistence ] PersistenceManagerImpl.get(IClassDescriptor,ICondition):(IClassDescriptor(Name: cMAM25_090_TOP)),(state <16)

[20060725 22:54:54:546] D [MI/Persistence ] commit() called on instance 33039485

[20060725 22:54:54:546] D [MI/Persistence ] PersistenceManagerImpl.commit()

=======================================================

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

MAM25 is using the modules

MAM25_0**_GETLIST

May try that one and compare the results.

You used the MAM2.0 modules...

Rgds THomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the following MAM25 function modules in the backend and found working:

MAM25_001_GETLIST => Results 1 order

MAM25_001_GETDETAIL => Results that order detail

MAM25_95_GETLIST => Results the scenario

MAM25_95_GETDETAIL => Results the scenario details.

As I mentioned before, I tried SyncBO Emulator in the MI Middleware for the same. I am not getting that order as result. But I could see the following in the MEMREP_MON (Worklist monitor) for that synbo:

SyncBO ID: MAM25_001

I-Finished : 4

I-Error: 0

0-Waiting: 1

0-Sent: 7

Rest of the columns like I-Waiting, I-Partial, I-Ignore, I-Error, J-Waiting, J-Partial, J-Finished, J-Error, 0-Error, 0-Ignore are '0'.

Is it something the data has come to middleware but not getting assigned to the user/mobile device id ?

Any other clue please...

Regards

Ragavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa.

SmartSync does not download partial object trees. So e.g. ifan equipment is aassigned to this order, but it is not avaialbel for download in MW for whatever reason the entire tree (incl. this order) is not downoaded. You can check the corresponding run in MEREP_MON for log information on this.

rgds thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thomas

can you please tell wht can be done to rectify this problem .

bye

sid

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragavan,

The reason for this problem could be - even though your backend bapi modules return data the related master data should be already present on the middleware then only the client can recieve data.

I would suggest you to check following things in the middleware. For your mobileid on the middleware check outbound queue for syncbo MAM25_090 and if there are records sent to the client. If not then your client always shows the user view manager screen on the client.

If there are no records sent down to client for the syncbo in outbound queue then it means there are no entries present in the middleware for your user.

In that case i would suggest you to replicate all timed 2-way(T01) syncbos on the middleware and then do a synchronization from the client and everything should work fine.

Also you can check on the backend for the syncbo mam25_090 whether it is returning your user name to the middleware.

If you are not getting what i wrote just simply replicate all timed 2-way syncbo's on the middleware and hope everything should work fine.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinivas,

Little late in replying..yesterday i could not access the SDN.

Refer to the following link .. You will get the reason why I was suggesting you about the above solution. I have waisted almost 15 days because of this reason.

<b>

but as your WebAS version is latest SAP might have solved this issue. but cross check again with the code.

Have you checked the Smart Sync trouble shooting guide..

Please check this link

In the smartsync-Troubleshooting guide under 3.1.5 the MAM User View Manager problem is described.

Please try this link:

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700003117292005D

If this link didn't work,go to service.sap.com/nw-mi

You find the guide as link on the page(in the Media Libary/technical guides)).

The guide contains a helpful 8 Point checklist for the UserViewManager/No Application Data Problem in MAM.

Please check this out....

Otherwise we will go step by step debugging process starting from client to Backend.

you can inform ur personal email Id.

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinivas,

Hope I will solve your problem..

Please follow the steps as mentioned below

Check the Web AS Server Installation Version (ABAP+J2EE)

The Web AS Version should be updated to Minimum SP11.

<b>If WebAS version is greater than SP11 <b>then try with User “ME-SYNC_USER” in client, Web AS and Backend</b>

This is most important... First try this out .. if this work I will tell you the solution.. Please get back to me after trying this....

You have to create the User with exact name as ..... ME-SYNC_USER (Do not apply your mind)

The User Name should be <b>ME-SYNC_USER</b>

Hope you are getting me...If any doubt ask me immediately.

Then create the same user in WebAS and Backend (ME-SYNC_USER) with SAP_ALL profile.

This will solve all your problem.

If this works .. then mail me I will mail you the reason for this.

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion.

I am creating the users as 'service'. Is it ok or it needs to be a dialog user. Because sofar I tried the sync with MI_SERVICE user which was created automatically by template installer which got SAP_ALL also.

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya

I created 'ME-SYNC_USER' in client(laptop), MI middleware sever and R/3 backend server. All 3 places have same password. After sync, I could see MAM link but looks samething before.

I can see only 'User View Manager' without any order component.

Please advice next step.

Ragavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya

Here is my lanscape details:

-

SAP MI 2.5 (middleware) -> installed in a separate server with ABAB+JAVA stack and SAP Web AS 6.4 SP17

SAP NetWeaver 04(backend) -> installed in a separate server with ABAB stack only and SAP Web AS 6.40 SP16

SAP MI 2.5 (client) -> installed in a laptop with Windows XP Pro. (MI2.5 SP13 Patch 00)

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa!

Could you explain where you stand now and what exactly is the issue.You may have to go Step by Step, Verify Backend Config,Monitor MI Middleware for data from backend,Then finally from the MI Client.There might be a small piece missing somewhere.

We encounter this issue quite often, as it works for one person and not for the other:)

Let me know the details

Thank You

Gisk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I think you are not able to see the links for other Components of MAM in your JSP Application,right?

and you are using the war file downloaded from service marketplace,

if yes then there is a need to make some changes in your JSP Application in the NWDS,

1. Open your project -> java Node -->package com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.util --> ComponentStatus.java

2. you will find following delaration

private static final boolean showAllComponent=false;

3. Change the above flag to true, like below

private static final boolean showAllComponent=true;

4. Re-Build the project and upload and deploy the app again

I hope now all the components are visible at the MI Client,

Dont forget to reward points if it helps,

Thanks,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sri,

the cause of the nullpointerexception is at the Mam095ManagerImpl

on its method getMam095Item030s. it could be that there's

no data downloaded from the middleware. to check, you can

take a look at the client's trace or on the merep_mon for

the O-sent messages. in your case, check whether you have

messages for MAM095 syncbos having items 030.

regards

jo