cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bus Error while starting

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed a new server and I logged in successfully. Then after restoring my IDE on this new server, i was not able to log in, i tried to find the solution for that then I understood that Kernel Mismatch is the culprit, On new server Kernel was 111 and on IDe it was 254.

Then i upgraded my Kernel using JSPM to 254 directly, And i was not able to do it so i followed the step of sapcar in exe folder and successfully did it. DISP+WORK showed me the new version of Kernel.

But when i am trying to restart the server it is throwing Bus Error for Java Instance, DB and abap instance is successfully starting.

Please suggest me what to do.

I am attaching the log file of startsap

line 1610: 22910 Bus error $SAPSTART_INSTANCE pf=$PROFILE_DIR/$START_PROFILE >>$LOGFILE 2>&1

Startup of Instance failed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For ABAP+JAVA the approved method of restore is by system copy from SAPinst. You can't use db specific method for restoration.

Better you make a system copy for homogeneous copy and restore it in new system.

Reagrds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not open multiple thread for same issue as you have opned one more thread under database forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to clearly understood your question

Then after restoring my IDE on this new server

That means you are trying to do system copy

it is throwing Bus Error for Java Instance, DB and abap instance is successfully starting.

For ABAP+JAVA only DB restore will not work , you need to follow export/import method of system copy.

For better clarity read guide for ABAP+JAVA system copy.

Regards,