cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integartion of Windows Active Directory with SAP ECC using PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement in our Project, i.e. if there is any change in the active directory an interface is required to send Employee details from the active directory to ensure that the most current information will be available in SAP ECC Ztable. This will be send from the active directory using an LDAP protocol through PI.

We are advised not to design any synchronous scenarios.

The users that need to be updated in SAP ECC may or may not be SAP users so we will not be able to go with the standard approach of synchronization between SAP UME and the LDAP active directory using the Datasource xml file. So I would like to know if there are any webservice available, which can be used to extract this information from the active directories based on the date or if there is any other alternative solution.

Kindly help me on this.

Regards,

Anup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

As far as I know, there is no direct solution for this. Though the Active directory has some web services, they can not be accessed outside the Directory services Interface. Which again is restricted to .Net. So my suggestion for a solution is; you create a small .Net web service which internally accesses the Active Directory and then when it finds out changes, triggers the same to PI via the standard PI web service. This way, you can maintain Asynchronous behavior as well. So as a summary

ECC <-- PI <-- .Net Web Service <--> Active Directory.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sarath.