SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PoD: Default value treatment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am currently facing a problem with PoD functionality and particularly the Default value functionality of it.

The PoD structure customizing is as proposed by standard, using however the structure category Z1 (instead of 01), as copy-pasted below.

Structure category Z1

Subscreen 0300

Selection subscreen 0400

One-line sel. subscreen 0500

Program SAPLEEDM_UI_TYP1

Function module ISU_EDM_UI_EXT_TYP_FLAT

Structure cat. not allowed

Default structure cat. X

Structure cat. text Flat structure

The problem I face is that either in Pod change mode or in installation, when the user press button Default value, the program generates another PoD id number. This problem means that in our (prospect) deregulated market, the companies do not have a common pod to exchange information. I guess that this 'automatic default value' functionality can be deactivated but could not find how.

Still, I have a documentation mentioning 'If you use the Metering Code structure category, you can generate a consecutive number for the point of delivery ID. To do this, choose the Default Value entry in the Consecutive Number field' but I cannot find the deactivation process mentioned as choose the Default Value entry in the Consecutive Number field.

Help will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback,

Enjoy X-mas !

Bou.Lis

Edited by: boulis on Dec 24, 2010 8:20 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bou.Lis

some thoughts from me; in POD config, there is aconfig node FIELD SETTINGS.

In an project a few years ago, we wrote our own program, because we wanted POD's created in a special number range or make the field available for inputs.

ZEUI_GET_NEXT_POD_ID

Program: SAPLZIDE_EUI

Object: CO_NR_OBJECT

hope this helps to move on,

Thanks and Happy New Year, Tom

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bou.Lis

some thoughts from me; in POD config, there is aconfig node FIELD SETTINGS.

In an project a few years ago, we wrote our own program, because we wanted POD's created in a special number range or make the field available for inputs.

ZEUI_GET_NEXT_POD_ID

Program: SAPLZIDE_EUI

Object: CO_NR_OBJECT

hope this helps to move on,

Thanks and Happy New Year, Tom

0 Kudos

Tom,

thank you, first of all for your feedback, and let me wish to the whole group Happy New Year.

From your answer I conclude that unfortunately there is no standard SAP functionality to be used, so that the PoD id is not changed when pressing the Default value button.

I have tried several variations under the FIELD SETTINGS configuration node and the linked program, function module and structures but I did not get the expected results.

In any case, thanks a lot for your input.

Regards,

Bou.Lis

0 Kudos

Bou.Lis

Sorry to hear that you have no luck so far. That makes me wonder, if there might be a SAP note out that could help.

e.g. I found one that describes exactly what you stated - 449552, but that note is from 2001, so this error should be resolved in your case. There are about 100 SAP notes, if you search for POD, so you might find a solution or you create a new note?

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos

Tom,

thanks for your feedback. I did have been through SAP notes - I guess you mean the 449522, which is relevant but not the one I need, and it is already available in our system, since we are on 6.0 -.

I will have again a look in SAP notes, since I might have missed the particular one note that fits ....

I do not know, and actually I was hoping to avoid writing our custom code since in that case we need to understand also the logic that it is implemented.

Regards,

Bou.Lis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

finally copying the SAP provided program and creating our own, we skipped the part of updated the PoD value.

Regards.