cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

facing issues for Production Order confirmation from MII

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to pull the production orders into MII 12.1 from SAP and trying to perform order confirmation at the order header level. so i am using BAPI_PRODORDCONF_CREATE_HDR.

I am able to do a confirmation in R/3. But when passing the inputs in MII, i am not able to do the confirmation, I get the error message as "order not found, check entry".

I am creating a production order (CO01), releasing (CO02) in R/3 and then trying to confirm from MII using BLS. I have verified the inputs what i pass in MII and at ERP to be the same. I also tried to release and confirm the order from MII using BAPI's. But both gives the same error, Can anyone suggest where i am going wrong?.

Inputs passed : Order id, FIN_CONF, yield, scrap and rework under ATHDRLEVELS table.

Thanks

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using the zero-padding for the order number while sending the confirmation from MII? If not I suggest you to do so and check once again.

Thanks,

Dipankar

0 Kudos

HI Mr.Dipankar,

I tried the same but no success. I have set the datatype for transaction.orderno in MII as string. only then i could add zeros in the front. Hope that is correct. also i could check that the datatype for order id in SAP as char.

Please suggest me what else should be the mistake. what is that i am missing?

Thanks.

Lakshmi.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to populate Unit of Measure as well. For some reason the BAPI does not like to simply use the Order UOM.

Regards,

Mike

If Scrap and Rework are zero, then you do not have to provide an input, but if not zero, you must again provide the UOM. And I believe Rework must be defined in SAP.

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Dec 27, 2010 2:12 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your inputs. I could do the order confirmation. As Dipankar suggested, i added zeros for order id and also i added another JCO interface block with a BAPI connection to BAPI_TRANS_COMMIITT. Then i could do the order confirmation and received a confirmation number.

But my next issue is this.

Say the order 1000002 has quantity 20. when i am trying to do full confirmation at the order header level and by mistake if i give a quantity more than the order quantity say 25, it doesnt throw me an error and the order confirmation happens with 25 as qty. checked in SAP also. There should be a logic to take care of this. Is it not so?.

Also please tell me when we do the full confirmation we pass character 'X' for FIN_CONF. What is the character to be used for partial confirmation?.

Thanks.

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To control the confirmation yield quantity variance you can specify the tolerance limit in the field ExpectedYieldVar present in the order header. And if you don't pass 'X' in FIN_CONF field and keep it blank then it'll be treated as partial confirmation.

Thanks,

Dipankar

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should not need the extra JCo action block. Simply check the auto commit box in the JCo Config editor screen.

And to expand on Dipankar's comment, the order controls the amount of production overage allowed. This is typically configured within ECC, rather than from MII.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am not able to find the field ExpectedYieldVar. I checked in ATHDRLVLS. are u refering here or where should i check. However i built this logic in BLS itself by exporting the data into SQL DB.

Please comment on this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am not able to find the field ExpectedYieldVar. I checked in ATHDRLVLS. are u refering here or where should i check. However i built this logic in BLS itself by exporting the data into SQL DB.

Please comment on this.

Also at the next level, i am trying to do order confirmation at operation level. I am doing this with BAPI_PRODORD_CREATE_TT. I have three operations 10, 20 and 30. I want to perform confirmation at each level. In this i am facing two issues.

1) when i am confirming operation 10 using BAPI from ERP itself, i am receiving a confirmation number. But when i am trying to check this confirmation number using the Tcode CO11N, I receive the message as "confirmation not yet done". What is the meaning for this?

2) Further to this, when i am trying to confirm operation 20, i get a message "Milestone operation 10 is not yet confirmed". To set an operation to be a milestone confirmation, i understand from many threads that the control key of that operation should be set to milestone confirmation. But in my case, it is not so. Can you please quote what could be the mistake?

Thanks.

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the ExpectedYieldVar field in cor1 t-code while creating the order. Regarding the first question please check whether you are doing the commit with the BAPI call. For the other question I think it'll be better if you ask it in the [ERP Manufacturing (PP) forum|; as it is nothing to do with MII as such.

Thanks,

Dipankar

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While I am not an expert, I have learned that Production Confirmations are saved in ECC rather than processed immediately. You will notice the return message in the bapi actually states that the confirmation is saved (as opposed to completed). It seems to be much slower in execution when done in ECC. There is a way to force it through, but I do not remember the t-code. So unless you force it through, it will complete eventually, but it could be a few seconds to as much as 30 minutes (in my experience).

Not an error so much as the way the internal processing takes place.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

HI Michael,

Thanks for your input. I could see there is a delay in ERP for processing the saved confirmation. I am able to do the confirmation from MII.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

HI Dipankar,

Thanks for your input. I could find this field for both process and production order. However i have built this logic in MII itself and proceeded with the order confirmation.

Thanks.

Answers (0)