cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB transactions such as DB02, DB13 are not showing anything on new client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have created a new client, accessed it using SAP* acct and created an admin acct with profile SAP_ALL.

When I tried to access TCODE DB02 and other DB related TCODES, it only shows Display Documentation. Also when I try to access SU01 and look at the accounts created, It shows nothing even the account that i'm crrently using. I havent allocated any tablespace for this client yet. Does that tablespace caused the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Are you sure that client copy completed successfully? were there any errors?

Which profile did you select when you did a client copy?

For data to reflect in db02, click on the refresh button it REFRESH SPACE STATISTIC job.

Regards,

SBK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both for your replies,

I actually haven't conducted the client copy yet, which means I have to CC first before data could be refelected in DB Transactions? which means there's still no tablespace allocated for my new client? Am I getting it right?

And if so, I would like to know if I should first allocate/ assign a tablespace on the new client before the client copy or I'll just client copy then it will automatically allocate tablespace for itself?

Please guide me on how to do this properly,

Thanks in advance again! Happy holidays!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need to assign or allocate a tablespace manually for any new clients you create. The system will automatically enter data into the required tablespace once you start to copy a client.

But you need to make sure that your tablespace has enough free space left so that the client copy can be implemented.

Kind regards,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

The free Kb that I got from the test client copy is only 34,368 kb. the required is 20Gb. since the target client for the copy has existing data in it, is the table space occupied by that client will be the same space where the new files will be copied?

In other words, from the result; do I still have to extend the tablespace?

Another question is that, is it necessary to shutdown the SAP instance and DB if im going to extend the tablespace?

Please guide me, i'm new to this client copy thing.

Thank you in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if the client has existing data then the tables will be overwritten.. means only delta increase will be there.. suppose you have 17GB in existing client then only 3GB will increase. SAP will take care of that dont worry.

But in this case there will be relatively high number of archive files generation, since it will have lot more insert or delete command than a fresh client. Keep an eye over oraarchh folder during copy.

you can increase tablespace online. No need to shut down anything.

Cheers!

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

On the one hand, client copy will not require additional defining of tablespaces, since tablespaces are not client specific, on the other hand, the tablespaces will grow rapidly when you perform client copy. Make sure you keep an eye over the tablespaces during the whole time client copy is going on. If the tablespaces are on autoextend, you just need to look at the drive fillup, if not, then keep on checking that through brtools and as and when any tablespace reaches 90%, increase it by few GB so that client copy doesnot stop because less space.

And yes, archive logs will be generated too. keep an eye over that too

cheers!

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all of your answers, if I dont have to allocate tablespaces anymore, how can I check the size and status of those tablespaces? I know a bit of BRTOOLS but only used it for replication, can you tell me or refer me a site where I can learn how to check those tablespaces. For now I really dont know the status if I have enough tablespace for the client copy.

Thanks all for sharing your knowledge Godbless!

Former Member
0 Kudos

go through help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/e0/2caf09b0a3a24f9f7a476fca25114f/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm still studying how to analyze the tablespace using BRTOOLS tahnks for the site. However I would like to know how to analyze the data I've got from the test client copy. Here's the data:

Profile: SAP_ALL

No. of tables: 53807 of 53807

Deleted Lines: 13447

Copied Lines: 26641246

Selected tables: 53,807

Copied data in kBytes: 17,574,715

Deleted data in kBytes: 20,520

on the Database Area Analysis Status:

1st area

Free: 20,160

Required: 19,559,376

Tables: 14,912

2nd area

Free: 18,560

Req: 3

Tables: 2

Does this mean that on the 1st area, the 20,160kb free space will be the remaining free space after copying the req. 19GB? or I only have 20Mb free space and that I dont have enough free space for the copy?

Please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It means that currently free space in database is 20MB and required space is 20GB. It does not mean that 20MB is available on disk. It means that if your tablespaces are autoextend, they will be increased as per requirement till 20 GB during client copy if you have that much space on disk. If they are not on auto extend, you need to make 20GB available in the tablespaces before you perform client copy for smooth operation.

Obviously you would not know which table space will be filled by what percentage of 20GB. So the best way is to increase atleast 10 GB each in PSAPSR3 and PSAPSR3700 tablespace and start client copy because these two tablesapces will be mostly be storing the data. when client copy is going on, keep monitoring all tablesapces through brtools and as soon as any of them fills to 90%, go on allocating 1-2 GB as per need.

And as for how to extend tablesapce through brtools or for monitoring tablespaces through brtools, do some research over internet and there are numerous links which will guide you.

Cheers!

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your very informative answer, I got the command from the internet for viewing if tablespace is autoextend.

Command: select * from dba_data_files;

Result has fields: Relative_fno || AUT || Maxbytes

For the AUT field I Believe the "YES" inlined underneath is the status and it indicates that that particular tablespace is autoextend on? Please verify.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, if autoextent = Yes then your tablespaces should automatic extend. But each datafile has maximum limit and can grow as specified size (extend by) while adding the datafile. You can view this through brtools.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I have created a new client, accessed it using SAP* acct and created an admin acct with profile SAP_ALL.

Only creating a client entry in SCC4 not mean you done with all.

After creating an entry in SCC4 logon with sap* and need to perform a client copy. This depends on your requirement whether you want a local client copy or a client copy of other systems.

I suggest you to go through below link which should clear your all queries. help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/69/c24c0f4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm