cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing records on cascading parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using crystal report XI (r1) verion and I get the problem on the cascading parameter.

I have the case in following cascading parameter

Dell / Notebook / Model_A

Dell / Notebook / Model_B

Dell / Desktop / Model_1

Dell / Desktop / Model_2

Compaq / Notebook / Model_X

Compaq / Notebook / Model_Y

Compaq / Desktop / Model_8

Compaq / Desktop / Model_9

You would first choose the vendor(s), then you would choose the category within that vendor and finally pick a model from that category. But say you picked both Compaq and Dell and then selected Notebook. You should see all 4 Notebook models ( A, B, X and Y )but you wouldn't. In Crystal versions 11.5 or 12 (also know as XIr2 and CR 2008). You would only see two of the four Notebook models. If you select Compaq before Dell at level 1 you would see X and Y. But if you you select Dell before Compaq you would see A and B.

Apparently this stems from a "fix" for a related problem in version 11 (XI). In version 11 when you selected both Compaq and Dell you would see Desktop twice and Notebook twice - once for each vendor. But there was no way to distinguish between the two duplicates. They fixed the problem by dropping one of the duplicates, which is fine if that is the end of the cascade. But any lower level value tied to the dropped duplicate are lost.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not the first time that the product has seen bugs introduced at the same time as fixing something related.

I think you'll have to raise a support ticket with SAP themselves Steve.

Answers (0)