cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving data

Former Member
0 Kudos

My colleague did some archiving on test system . I can see in managamnet in "sara" only yellow lamps(what does it means). I guess entries are not deleted from DB.

However when I enter in one such run i get (ispool) e.g in spool:

Archive FIle Key....

Deleted Database space 255,991MB

-Tables 91. 345

-indexes 21,535

: CLuster140,1533?

: kaj pa je CLuster?

What does it mean?

in db02 almost no change in DB size(used not allocated)

Thank you a lot for explanation.Are the file above compressed(by how muc cca..)?(if this is the test run as I understood).

It is actuallycase of 2005 year wt alltogether cca 2GB size (sum of this files) whereas DB size is 977GB

Again thank you a lot for explanation

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Merry Christmas & Happy new year my dear colleagues

Thank you for your answer Kumar.

In management it is under »Incomplete Archiving sessions«.

I believe »complete Archiving sessions« are those with archived data.

And the yellow are the one proposed to me when trying to delete .

In the meantimeI deleted proposed yellow session. The documents are not any more in database.

What is bothering me is that in DB02 I can not see any logical difference in Db. Db size is always 1878Gb but chg.free (Gb) is at the day after deleting -6,59(like the data increased) and one day after that chg.free (Gb) is 5,71(data decreased but less as the day before so in total data increased?)

For your info we are using Oracle 10.2.0.4 as database. Does anyone knows where to see deleted data size in db?(I red somewhere that ratio for archived file compression is in SAP cca.5)

By the way. Which is right program to make diagnose which is right archiving object to archive big COEP, COSP, COEJ, COSS and COST table.

Program RARCCOA2 namely in ECC6 version generates short dump.

Does anyone knows with which arch objects deletes old entries in GLPCA, ACCTIT, RFBLG tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can see the delete data size in Statistic function of SARA transaction.

After running re-organisation program you will come to know the actual free size acheived from archiving process in DB02.

Archiving object for GLPCA = EC_PCA_ITM, ACCTIT = MM_ACCTIT, RFBLG = FI_DOCUMNT.

For analysing CO tables you should use both these programs RARCCOA1 and RARCCOA2. For more information please check the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/cf/109e388bd61262e10000009b38f842/content.htm -

Still if you are getting dumps for program RARCCOA2 then i would suggest you to check OSS notes to fix it.

Thanks,

Ajay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Before you guess, on entries not deleted from database - I would rather say to check few things as mention below to confirm whether data is not deleted.

In the management, if you open the tree of archive session no - you can find Archive, Delete & store option with green signal if these process is succesfull.

Note: If the job was executed in test mode then system will not create any archive session number.

In the spool - you have mentioned that Deleted database size 255MB, I feel that this spool could be the information of your deleted job. So please check wether these data got deleted from database.

Archive job will take up data from all the relavent tables, its indexs and clusture tables - In the spool you can see what are the size that has been archived and written in the archive file.

Archive file is a flat file. There will be size difference when data are in SAP database and in Archive file. Actual compression of the archive file will happen in the archive server.

Hope this information will help you.

Merry Christmas!

-Thanks,

Ajay