cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping: How to print or export?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As subject, doesnt seem to be a way to do this. Have had a look in XSLT_TOOL but doesnt seem to be much help.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

you can create a transport file for a message mapping. That's all.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This tool from Daniel does a really nice job of taking the .XIM file exporting to Excel with easily readable source / destination rows.

http://figaf.com/products/pi-documenter-tools.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Please take a look at these..

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/02/06/xi-mapping-tool-exports

/people/bhanu.thirumala/blog/2006/02/02/graphical-message-mapping-150-text-preview

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful posts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, getting a little closer...

Unfortunately, although the tools option allows to export an individual map's metadata, it's not in a usable format for documentation as it contains a lot of irrelevant info (screen layout etc) and is just one map at a time, which is a long way from being able to export an entire mapping to XSLT (or image/printer) in one hit. The text preview suffers from being per-map and is yet another non-standard format.

I'm getting the feeling that I'm stuck with Excel spreadsheets!

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ctl-shift-0 is helpful but doesnt seem to give me a way to print it out or export to a standard (non XI) format like XSLT. Main reason I ask is to save some time around producing technical documentation. If I could export as XSLT or at worse, some kind of graphics format, then that would be useful.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open your Message mapping.

in the pane below where you see a target field mapped with src field, press CTRL + SHIFT and right click. You will see export menu using which you can export your message mapping as a .mte file which is basically a XML strcuture which stores the complete data.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

forget the idea with XSLT. A message mapping will be compiled to java program. They are working in a complete different manner.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

1 Put a cursor on the "description" field of the Message Mapping object.

2 Press CTRLSHIFT0

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant, i tried to apply the same option .

While i am doing it opens a new windows, where you have some export option , like matadata, java source.

while i am exporting, the files same as .xim extension like test.xim

May i know how can iopen this, can i convert in xml ?

thanks for the information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a look at the xim file earlier, looks like a bespoke binary format of some kind. I think the chances of doing anything with this would be slim unless you're a SAP developer. Perhaps if we knew the file structure we could write some nice third party utilities for processing it.

The mte format of the mapping tool is a simple rename to xml and open as normal.

Cheers

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

This thread answers your question..

cheers,

Prashanth