cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed assignment can't be deleted in CMP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I am working on one of support project and my client is getting one error related to workforce planning . i will write you what he is doing step by step

1. He plan the work for certain period in activitys .

2. He go to CMP2 and select activity line and do the personnel assignement and allocate some hours for working weeks and save the data.

At this point he can still delete the assignment.

3. Now he Go to time entry CAT2 and insert some ours for the activity (same person who had the hours assigned in CMP2) and save the data . this stage assignment can be deleted still.

4. Now he do the CATA and tranfer hours to project . now he goes again to CMP2 and wants to delete the assignment but getting error Confirmed assignment cannot be deleted

I just wanted to know its standared behaviour or i need to do some config changes.

Thanx in Advance

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

You can reverse the confirmation and delete. Also, try to compare it with other cases, where you can actually delete the person

BR

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is standard behavior, just think, you assigned resources to your activity, the resources finished the work, the time is recorded and the cost has been booked...now how can you delete it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot for your answer , i agree this is standared things but Is there any way or some method so i can delete the assignment at this stage because client wants this functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

When you say "client wants this functionality",Can you help us in understanding the business requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thamx for your input ,

Actually this a support project and i am new in this project and the guy who has worked on this left out , now when i investigated with client he tolds me basically they assign the person through CMP2 and by mistake some body has performed the CATA and transfer hrs to project but after transfer they found that this was a wrong assignment and now they want to delete him and make a new assignment but at this time work hrs is not completed for the particular week meaning they immediately found there mistake and now change the assignment. they want this fuctionality for this particular event and not for those case where the working hrs completed and actual cost is booked . so my question is there any kind of reversval method so whatever the hrs transfered by mistake can be reversed and then we can delete the assignment in CMP2.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure, but try this, goto CAT2 and delete the working hours recorded, save it. Again transfer it to PS using CATA. This should reverse the confirmation. Now go and try to delete the assignment.