Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Stack XML file

former_member650708
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have an ECC 6 system with EHP 4 SPS 5 and we watn to install a new Technical Usage (IS-OIL, IS-PRA and IS-UT)

In order to do that I have to supply an xml file created by the MOPZ.

I created a new MOPZ transaction, in the phaze "Update Options" I selected : Enhancement Package Installation,

Afterwards I selected in Target Enhancment package stack : SAP ERP Enhanecment Package 4 on NW7.01 - SP Stack 05

We do not want to upgrade the Stack to a latter one.

I have selected Oil & Gas with Utilities and continued.

The Sack XML that was created contained SAP-APPL, SAP-BASIS and SAP-ABA in patch level 8. we do not want to upgrade these components.

Is there a way to install a new Technical Usage without upgrading these components?

and if there is how can I create XML file suited for this situation?

Please Advice,

Zvi Gilinsky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is an equivalence of Support Package levels between EHP stacks and baseline ERP 6 stacks. Note 1064635 has a list of these equivalences.

In any case, stack 5 for EHP4 of ERP should include stack 5 of NW 701.

By your description it looks like you are having a Maintenance Optimizer issue. What is the Maintenance Optimizer stack level?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take care of one thing if you want to upgrade usage type to latest stack then you need to full fill the pre-requisite of it. And prerequisite will be SAP_APPL and EA_APPL should also be upgraded. That's why you are getting these packages as well.

If you don't want to upgrade them then take target stack as your existing stack then you will not get these packages.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The last stack for ECC 6.0 EHP4 is 8, if you don't want upgrade to stack 8, deselect the components SAP-APPL, SAP-BASIS and SAP-ABA

Check SAP Note 1287216 - MOPZ: pre-select technical usages.

regards

William Neira