cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One invoice document in two currencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We have a requirement where we need to create a sales order in USD, however, provide the 2 invoices to the customer---one in USD and one in GBP.

I've searched the boards and couldn't find much on this subject matter. One post I read mentioned an additional output type, but I'm not really sure how to go about that.

If anyone can provide any direction on this, that would be great.

Thanks

Josh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP can have a document in just 1 single currency. However, we also had the requirement to present the invoice ouptut in 2 different currencies.

What we did was to print the net value details in both the currencies in the same form. I am sure you have a custom form for invoice output. In that form, you can print the Net value in both the currencies based on the logic that you would have to provide to the developers.

Take the net vlaue from the Invouice (in USD) and print it as it is in the Invoice. Now in another section, you can say 'Net value in Customer currency' and make the form convert the USD to GBP. You have to look into the exchange rate table TCURR, get the exchange rate from USD to GBP for the invoice date, calculate the amount in GBP and print it in the form.

This is a development

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

Printing an invoice or more than 1 invoice in more than 1 currency is not a problem. You can manipulate the output. Just a heads up to check the business rules for settlement and automatic clearing of the invoice on the customers accounts receivables especially if the currency fluctuates a lot. You could end up with a open AR of 100GBP and the original invoice of 200USD, but when payment occurs the open AR is still 100GBP but the customer pays 200USD which is now only worth 90GBP.

Also note the accounting doc has postings in the document currency and the local company code currency as well as additional local currencies (hard currencies) if configured. The AR being the amount in the local company code currency.

Best regards,

Glynn