cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation in Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I create a level 9 heirarchy code via Import Manager without first creating its level 8 code (level 8 code not included in the upload file), the result will be:

- level 9 code will be successfully created with complete details as in the upload file

- level 8 code will automatically created without any details as it is a prerequisite of the level 9 code

To prevent the creation of codes without any details, I want to add a validation in Import Manager so codes will not be created when its higher node does not exist yet (or not included in the same upload file).

Will this be possible?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

up

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I feel, you can not put such kind of validations in import manager.

Lets wait for the other MDM experts if there is any solution to achieve your requirement.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are uploading new hierarchy via XML file in Import Manager. please see sample below for only one level 8 code (441639A56B104C3) with complete details.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <dataroot xmlns:od="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:officedata" generated="2010-12-23T11:09:08">

- <Hierarchy_x0020_Template>

<PH_x0020_Code>441639A56B104C3</PH_x0020_Code>

<Level>8</Level>

<PH_x0020_Description>Hazeline COOLING ANTI ACNE FACIAL FOAM</PH_x0020_Description>

<Path>4\44\4416\441639\441639A56\441639A56B1\441639A56B104\441639A56B104C3</Path>

</Hierarchy_x0020_Template>

If the higher level - level 7 code 441639A56B104 is not yet existing in data manager and the level 8 code above was uploaded in import manager, the result will be -->

- level 8 code will be successfully created with complete details as per the upload file..

- level 7 code which is not yet existing and not included in the upload file will be automatically created because it is the prerequisite of the level 8 code. but since it is not included in the upload file, it will be created without details (DESCRIPTION, LEVEL NUMBER).

I just want to ask if some validation is possible to be set-up in import manager that will check if the higher level nodes are not yet existing in Data manager or not included in the upload file so it will not proceed loading the lower level nodes.

Please note that if both level 7 and 8 are included in the upload file, they must be created both successfully.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

As per your requirement, for level 7 code 441639A56B104 exists in MDM or not. I mean in Data Manager. If you are using PI/XI you can give it a try. Using PI, we can validate/check if some field data like code we are receiving in SAP PI message is present in SAP MDM or not. So if it exists you can send this file to inbound ready folder of MDM else if fail (does not exist in MDM) you can send this file to some other location.

Please refer below blog for complete details.

/people/raj.sharma5/blog/2009/03/09/lookup-in-to-the-mdm-from-sap-pi

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

Do you mean descripton when you say details of the code? Kindly elaborate so we can better help.

Regards,

Neethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

There are 4 options in hierarchy field's value mapping.

1- Add as Child

2- Add as Sibling

3- Add Branch as Child

4- Add Branch as Sibling

Which option you are using?

I thinks level 8 node will get created if option 3 or 4 is in use. Try using option 1 or 2 instead.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Its little difficult to understand your requirement. Please can you explain more with example of your source file and what data you want to import in MDM and what you want to ignore...

THanks,

Shiv