cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Time Infotypes through WebDynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

I am currently working on a program that kinda serves as a way of inputting absences, attendances and etc...

It is created in Webdynpro for ABAP and is fully dynamically built. The thing is, with the inserting for the actual absences and attendences, i run into some issues.

Apparently i cannot use standard function modules like HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION. If the system throws up certain errors, i cannot catch them in the portal where the webdynpro is running. After some research i came to the conclusion that i need to use the decoupled infotypes to achieve errorless adjustements to the time infotypes. The decoupled framework for Time however is non-existent.

My question for the experts: How can i insert/modify/delete records in infotypes such as 2001, 2002, 2013 with all the checks involved through a Webdynpro? Checks including time constraints and such. Reprogramming all that logic looks like the wrong way to go.

I also investigated a little in CATS and see what code it is using. I'm currently stuck since i do not have NWDI to dig into the java source code. It would be handy to see what abap code can be re-used.

If anyone has any pointers or ideas, please let me know. If you also tackled the same problem, share your expierences.

Greetings,

Mike

Edited by: Grinnam on Dec 23, 2010 4:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am bumping this as i am facing the same problem, any ideas?

thanks!